POWERAM - Model 1915 - Hydraulic Rod Pusher-Puller
The Poweram Model 1915 is designed to help you do a tough construction job – installing and/or replacing underground utility service lines where trenching is not possible or desirable. The Poweram Model 1915 has the same power (98,000 lbs. of push!) as the Model 2020, but it is under 6 ft. long, so it fits in much tighter quarters. This compact machine installs new underground utilities by pushing steel rods under roadways, etc. and pulling the required pipe or cable back; and it can replace existing lines by pulling pipe splitting and/or bursting tools through the old pipe and pulling a new pipe into the same space. The new pipe can be the same size or larger than the old pipe.
One person can operate the model 1915. It has two hydraulic cylinders controlled by one valve, which puts the operator in control of the machine and his/her own safety. The cylinders actuate the patented jaw system that grips the push rods. The centerline of the push rod is 5 inches above the bottom of the machine. The Model 1915 can pull up to 8' pipe (or two 4' pipes) in most soil conditions. Larger pipe can be installed in suitable soils. The longest practical distance for accuracy depends on soil conditions and operator experience. Using an electronic locating devise helps the operator make critical decisions that can greatly increase productivity. We recommend using the No. 1907 (4 ft. wide) or No. 1914 (3 ft. wide) Safety Shoring Box to protect the operator and to provide a faster and more stable set-up.
The push/pull rods have threaded joints, and can be added and removed within the length of the machine. The 20 inch stroke cylinders pull the 4 ft. long rods in three 'bites', and allow room to bring the splitter and/or expander into the machine to finish the pull.
- 98,162 pounds of pushing capacity at 2,500 p.s.i.
- 82,460 pounds of pulling capacity at 2,500 p.s.i.
- 20 ' wide x 18' high x 65' long
- Machine weight approximately 1,000 pounds
- 20' stroke hydraulic cylinders (2)
- Control valve station w/pressure gauge
- Safety Shoring Box
- Accessory Tote Box
- Portable Hydraulic Power Unit
- Alloy steel push rods - Solid and Hollow rods are available
- Push heads
- Expanders & Couplings for pulling up to 12' pipe
- Electronic Locating equipment
- Pipe Splitting systems for up to 4' pipe
- Pipe Bursting systems for up to 12' pipe
- Let us know what work you need to do and we will help you select the right accessories for your job(s).
- Original Poweram Power
- Compact size = less excavating
- Cost effective