POWERAM - Model 2020 - Hydraulic Rod Pusher/Puller
The Poweram Model 2020 is designed to help you do a tough construction job – installing and/or replacing underground utility service lines where trenching is not possible or desirable. This is the 'original' Poweram - time tested and job proven. This rugged, dependable machine installs new underground utilities by pushing steel rods under roadways, etc. and pulling the required pipe or cable back; and replaces existing lines by pulling pipe splitting and/or bursting tools through the old pipe and pulling a new pipe into the same space. The new pipe can be the same size or larger than the old pipe.
One person can operate the model 2020. It has two hydraulic cylinders controlled by one valve, which puts the operator in control of the machine and his/her own safety. The cylinders actuate the patented jaw system that grips the push rods. The centerline of the push rod is 18 inches above the bottom of the machine. The Model 2020 can pull up to 8' pipe (or two 4' pipes) in most soil conditions. Larger pipe can be installed in suitable soils. The longest practical distance for accuracy depends on soil conditions and operator experience. The longest pull we know of was 1000 ft. of 4' welded steel pipe. Using an electronic locating devise helps the operator make critical decisions that can greatly increase productivity. We recommend using the No. 351 Safety Shoring Box to protect the operator and to provide a faster and more stable set-up.
The push/pull rods have threaded joints, and can be added and removed within the length of the machine. The rods are heat treated alloy steel and are available in 1 3/4' diameter solid and 2' diameter hollow versions. The 20 inch stroke cylinders pull the 5 ft. long rods in three 'bites', and allow room to bring the splitter and/or expander into the machine to finish the pull.
- 98,162 pounds of pushing capacity at 2,500 p.s.i.
- 82,460 pounds of pulling capacity at 2,500 p.s.i.
- 20' wide x 24' high x 86' long
- Machine weight approximately 1,300 pounds
- Pit size for machine in the shoring box - 3 ft. x 8 ft.
- The machine and shoring box together weigh about 2,000 pounds
- 20' stroke hydraulic cylinders (2)
- Control valve station
- Built-in Hydraulic Leveling Jack
- Spirit Level mounted on the Jaw Slide Block
- Saves costly man-hours.
- Saves critical construction time.
- Saves trenching and surface restoration.