Precellys - Model 24 - Tissue Homogenizer
Precellys 24 is the perfect high throughput tissue homogenizer solution for routine applications capable of operating up to 24 tubes of 2mL. Precellys 24 is the original tissue homogenizer from the Precellys range. Its simplicity and efficiency make the Precellys 24 the best homogenizer solution for routine and R&D projects. The Precellys 24 can homogenize many different samples in 30 seconds. It possesses a unique automatic tube locking system, a real push-and-play system that makes the Precellys 24 the easiest homogenizer to handle. Especially designed for L3 laboratories, the Precellys 24 is used by thousands of scientists around the world. The instrument’s unique 3D motion provides the same high level of energy and homogenization efficiency to all of the tubes. The Precellys 24 has the ability to process up to 24 tubes simultaneously.
Grind and homogenize a wide range of biological samples with Precellys 24! Designed for L3 laboratories, it is highly robust for daily use.
The system enables the preparation of up to 24 biological samples from soft to hard tissue (animal & human tissue, plant tissue, microorganisms…) and has been validated on more than 1000 different samples: from brain, muscle and heart samples to very hard matter such as bones, hair and rice.
A figure-8 multi-directional motion gives a high energy to the beads that grind up to 24 samples in few seconds (~30 sec) at speed ranging from 4000 to 6800 rpm.
Samples are then ready for analysis using DNA/RNA analysis, PCR, Electrophoresis, Liquid Chromatography, Western Blot.
Efficient, robust and high throughput tissue homogenizer
Efficient: powerful 3D motion
- High quality: robust, ergonomic and safe
- Flexible: from soft to hard tissues
- Reproducible: validated protocols available online
Thanks to the powerful 3D-motion, most of the samples are fully homogenized in 30 seconds
The technology provides the same level of energy to all of the processed tubes. This guarantees the same quality and quantity of extraction from soft to hard tissues (micro-organisms, animal or vegetal tissues)
The innovative and patented automatic tube locking system allows for easy handling of the Precellys 24
Best life time:
The high quality manufacturing of the Precellys 24 drastically reduces the need for maintenance and additional expenditure over the years – The Precellys 24 is made in France
Protection for thermo-sensitive molecules:
The Precellys 24 is compatible with the cooling unit Cryolys. This combination allows users to protect sensitive molecules when processing samples.
Precellys technology presents two main features:
- The 8-figure 3D-motion (multi-directional) movement of the tubes. The same high level of energy given to the beads inside each tube ensures equal homogenization efficiency for all processed samples (up to 24 at once). Thanks to this complex movement, the Precellys 24 can disrupt any type of sample (even the hardest) in seconds with perfect reproducibility while limiting heat generation.
- The patented locking vacuum system of the tubes during the process. The Press’n block system saves time and energy. It makes it easier to handle equipment and secures the tubes before the grinding process.
Abstracts of some application notes related to Precellys 24.
To access all application notes and full versions, visit the Application Center.
- DNA Extraction from Rice Grain, Kogene Biotech Co – South Korea, Agronomy (code: 03712-810-DU013)
- Metabolomic study from clam gill, Key Laboratory of Coastal Zone Environment Processes, CAS; Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Coastal Zone Environment Processes, Yantai Institute of Coastal Zone Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Yantai, China, Animal & Aquaculture science (code: 03712-810-DU044)
- Assessment of Salmonella Typhimurium load within infected nematodes, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK., Biomedical & Health sciences (code: 03712-810-DU060)
- Precellys 24 maintenance kit
- The Precellys 24 maintenance kit enhances the life time of your Precellys 24 equipment.
- from 1 to 24 tubes of 2mL or 0.5mL
- from 4,000 to 6,800 rpm increment of 100 rpm
- Automatic tube locking system – patented
5 programs (automatically saved after use)
Number of cycles:
- from 1 to 3 cycles
from 5s to 90s
Length 290mm x Width 375mm x Height 370mm (600mm with open lid)
- 100 – 230 VAC / 50-60 Hz / Power 1 kVA
- less than 70 dB
- CE and FCC part 15 certified