Precision Engineered Factory Powder Coated Steel Storage Tanks
From Bolted Steel Tanks
Superior Tank was the first to apply Thermoset Fusion Bonded Powder Coatings to Bolted Steel Storage Tanks. Every square inch is prepared for coating using sandblasting per the most stringent standard of Near White SSPC SP10/NACE No.2. Factory Powder-Coatings are electrostatically applied and then cured at high temperatures for greater film thickness, resulting in added chemical resistance to corrosion, chipping and scratching. Epoxy Powder Coating are NSF & FDA approved. Every Superior Bolted Steel Storage Tank is fabricated and factory powder coated with meticulous attention to detail. You deal directly with the manufacturer of your tank without having to rely on any outside source.
To provide additional corrosion protection with powder coated finishes, Superior Tank Co., Inc. offers a Silica & Zirconium (SiZr) liquid seal. The seal is sprayed onto the prepared steel underneath the powder coating. Lab tests have shown the SiZr seal slows the rate of corrosion and prevents the spread of corrosion when the coating surface is damaged by a dropped tool or thrown rock. By keeping the corrosion localized, the seal minimizes corrosion spreading and undercutting. In addition, the SiZr seal increases the coating adhesion and bonding to the steel thereby increasing the durability. The SiZr seal can make the difference between a minor cosmetic touch up and a major coating repair.
We provide our clients with Quality, Durability and Functionality of our products, services and a full commitment to every project. With safe and ethical business practices, we back every Superior Tank sale with proven reliability, warranty, workmanship and superior quality.
Our specially designed powder coated finish is distinct in numerous ways!
- Electrostatic application at factory in environmentally controlled conditions for 100% adherence & uniformity
- Heat cured immediately for outstanding bonding
- High impact and abrasion resistant
- Easy to repair in the field, if needed
- Environmentally safe (no site application permits required)
- Flexible with no cracking or sparring associated with other coatings
- Double edge coating (interior and exterior coating) for superior corrosion protection
- Thicker (5 mil) application for greater durability
- NAP-Guard system for outstanding protection against acids, hydrocarbons and inorganic compounds
3M Scotchkote 134 Premium Powder Coating also available! – Interior only
- Best for storage of corrosive liquids. – ie. (H2S)
- Best chemical resistance (tested with over 1000 chemicals).
- Tested to extreme conditions in aqueous, HC and gas phases without blisters or
- coating loss: 300 degrees @ 3000psi.