Presto GEOWEB - Channel Protection System
From Soil Stabilization
Design GEOWEB channels with varying infill options that eliminates the need for costly rip-rap, gabions and articulated concrete blocks (ACBs). Prevent erosion on channel slopes exposed to intermittent or continuous flow conditions with single-layered or tiered GEOWEB Channels. With an overlying TRM, GEOWEB vegetated channels can withstand flows up to 30 ft/sec (9m/sec)!. Vegetated channels, permeable channels, hard-armor concrete channels, geomembrane protection.
Eliminates Forms and Reinforcement
The GEOWEB system acts as a support skeleton and needs no other forms for concrete infill.
No Joints, Controlled Cracking
Small shrinkage gaps between the GEOWEB cell wall and the cured concrete allow the system to flex, providing “controlled joints” at the cell wall perimeter. Typical large cracks with conventional concrete slabs are eliminated.
Reduces Concrete, Assures Consistent Depth
The GEOWEB structure reduces concrete depth by creating a secure, uniform mattress supported by the interconnected cells. Eliminate wasted concrete, or short pours as the GEOWEB wall height assures defined concrete depth.
Perforations Create Cross-Linking
Interlocking cells are formed as concrete “reaches” through the cell wall as the pour flows into place.
Allows Higher Slump Concrete
The GEOWEB cellular structure offers redundant “container” support for the concrete, allowing less expensive mixes and easier to pour higher slump concrete.
Light-Weight GEOWEB Requires No Lifting Equipment
Compared to ACB’s, the GEOWEB poured-in-place solution does not require special lifting equipment, saving on cost and time of installation.
Safer Worksite vs. ACBs.
No heavy Articulated Concrete Blocks (ACBs) system to place means less chance for injury and a safer worksite.
Withstands High Flows
Backed by third party research, the GEOWEB system can be designed to withstand up to 30 fps (9 mps).
The use of tendons and ATRA tendon clips support a GEOWEB solution over impermeable liners without puncturing the liner with stakes.
GEOWEB 3D Vegetated Channels vs. Rip-Rap or Gabions
Natural Green Aesthetics
As a single layer on a slope with a TRM, or in stacked configuration, GEOWEB vegetated channels are green solutions compared to rip-rap or wire rock fascia gabions.
Invisible Once Vegetated
The GEOWEB system is essentially invisible once vegetation is established. The open-celled system allows stormwater infiltration.
Flexible, Conforms to Landscape
GEOWEB sections are flexible and conform well to hillsides and stream curves.
Diverse Design Flexibility
GEOWEB channels can be designed with a variety of infills to meet site conditions, including topsoil, aggregate or concrete. Gabion walls are infilled with large stones, and have limited design flexibility.
Made from Non-Corrosive Material.
HDPE GEOWEB material does not corrode and is stable and inert, maintaining its strength for over 100 years. Gabions are prone to corrosion, even if galvanized.
Keeps Strength, Accommodates Settlement
GEOWEB channels are flexible systems that maintain their strength even when confronted with differential settlement. Poured concrete, gabions, and other semi-rigid systems may fail over time due to settlement.
Use Local Fill, Not Large Rocks / Rip-Rap
Compared to rip-rap and Gabions, GEOWEB tiered channels may use locally available or on-site fill, saving on cost to transport larger rock and reducing impact to the neighborhood and the environment.
No Heavy Equipment Required
Light-weight GEOWEB sections are easy to transport, deploy and install. Gabions, rip rap, and poured concrete require large equipment.
GEOWEB Vegetated Protection
- Replaces costly, higher-maintenance rip rap with lower maintenance, less expensive stabilized vegetation.
- Effective in low flow channels and when low-to-high intermittent flows occur. With an overlying TRM, can withstand velocities as high as 30 ft/sec (9m/sec). CSU Research Results
- Are ideal for drainage ditches, swales and stormwater channels.
GEOWEB Aggregate Protection
- GEOWEB confined aggregate is more stable than unconfined aggregate.
- Smaller, less expensive infill can be used in low-to-moderate flow conditions.
- CSU Research Results: GEOWEB filled with aggregate is more stable than unconfined rip rap with research showing at least a 50% reduction in size. Due to this reduction, GEOWEB channels offer significant savings in rock, installation and transportation costs.
GEOWEB Concrete Hard-Armor Protection
- For channels exposed to severe hydraulic stresses, the GEOWEB system’s formwork allows concrete to be poured on-site and is an easy to install, flexible and less costly hard-armored solution than pre-formed or cast-in-place concrete systems.
- GEOWEB filled with concrete provides a flexible armored system capable of withstanding velocities over 35 fps and shear stresses of 21 psf. CSU Research Results
- Installs faster and is more economical than reinforced concrete and articulated concrete block channels.
- Conforms to sub grade deformation and resists cracking and displacement that can occur with reinforced concrete designs.
GEOWEB Multi-Layered Protection
- Tiered, vegetated GEOWEB channels create natural living retaining walls that withstand high flows for short durations.
- The system’s overall light weight allows it to tolerate reasonable differential settlement in soft soils while maintaining structural integrity.
- They are quicker and easier to install than block wall systems.
- GEOWEB solutions reduce worker fatigue and increase worksite safety.
GEOWEB Geomembrane Protection
- A proven solution for protecting liners and reducing the sliding potential of infill cover.
- High-strength tendons and ATRA Tendon Clips are critical components of the complete GEOWEB design solution.
- Stormwater & Wastewater Channels
- Drainage Ditches, Swales, Canals
- Floodplain Channels
- Spillways | Down Chutes | Drop Structures
- Culvert Outfalls