ProMaxion - Model MS - Online Gas Analysis for Weatherproof or Hazardous Area Locations
From Mass Spectrometers
AMETEK's ProMaxion process mass spectrometer offers real-time analysis in a reliable easy-to-use package for a wide range of industrial applications. Real-time process monitoring of up to 32 components is straightforward with ProMaxion's powerful, easy-to-use Process 2000 software. Complex overlapping spectra are handled automatically and data output directly in concentration units. Different calibration and analysis methods can be assigned to each sample port.
Many batch and continuous process control applications require the measurement of one or more process chemicals. These measurements are often needed at very fast update speeds often from multiple sample points. Many optical techniques cannot meet these requirements, especially when multiple sample points are required. The response speeds of chromatographs are often too slow to be used on multiple sample points. In addition, chromatographs are most often limited to a single application or process type. A process analyzer is needed for applications that require a fast, accurate process analyzer which can monitor varying chemicals from multiple sample points.
The ProMaxion can be custom-designed to monitor just about any type of gas stream, depending on sample pressures, hazardous area requirements, particulate levels and number of sample points. Automated sample switching allows unattended analysis of process and calibration gases. The multiport gas sample inlet system consists of multiple valves and a capillary restriction in an enclosure heated to prevent condensation. A membrane inlet system is incorporated for gas sampling applications.
- Easy to Use and Maintain
- Field proven system that can replace process gas chromatographs
- Provide real-time multi-component analysis
- Autocalibration maintains performance accura
- Range: 1-100 AMU; optional 1-200 AMU
- Inlet: Expandable sample selection manifold with electric or pneumatic valves. Membrane inlet system for ambient air samples.
- Inlet Pressure (Gas): 30 PSIG (207 kPa) to 3 Torr absolute.
- Accuracy: Absolute Standard Deviation better than 25 PPM on 1% component, e.g., argon in air (0.25% RSD).
- Communication: Ethernet standard (Optional: RS-485, RS-232, fi ber optics, wireless radio, Modbus,
- OPC). Optional analog/digital outputs available.
- Detection Range: From 10 PPM to 100% with gas samples, Faraday cup. Optional electron multiplier for lower LODs.
- Power: 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1000 W.
- Ambient Temperature: +12°C to 40°C
- PC: On-board PC standard. Windows®-based Process 2000 Software can also be run on remote PC.
- Enclosure: Weather resistant, stainless steel; ATEX and NEC purged, and designed for CI D1 and 2 versions available.
- CE Compliance: EN61326 EMC Directive and EN61010-1 Low Voltage Directive.
- ATEX Model Ratings: II 2 G, EEx pd[ib] IIB+H2 T3, 0ºC <= Ta <= 40ºC
- EN61326 EMC Directive EN61010-1 Low Voltage Directive.
- Ethylene oxide
- Reforming furnaces
- Steel manufacturing
- Vinyl chloride
- Syn gas manufacturing
- Environmental - BTX, VOCs
- Solvent drying end-point detection
Real-time process monitoring of multiple components is straightforward with ProMaxion’s powerful, easy-to-use Process 2000 software. Complex overlapping spectra are handled automatically, with data output directly in concentration units. Different calibration and analysis methods can be assigned to each sample port.
Mass spectrometry is a very rapid analytical method allowing analysis of multiple sample streams in seconds and can directly replace gas chromatographs and other discrete analytical devices. This field-proven system, combined with AMETEK’s more than 30 years’ experience in the process analyzer business, means you can depend on ProMaxion for your critical process analysis and control applications.
The software provides easy setup and operation and includes advanced alarm and automation capabilities. Autocalibration maintains the performance and accuracy of the system for quantitative analysis. The on-board computer enables auto-start to prevent loss of data or interruption of your process during power failure. Self-diagnostics and modular design ensure ease of maintenance by your own personnel on site, with remote support available for additional factory diagnosis and troubleshooting. There is no need for the expensive service contract typical of most process mass spectrometers.