ProMaxion - Process Mass Spectrometer for the PAT (Process Analytical Technology)
From Mass Spectrometers
THE NEED: Pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and bulk chemical manufacturers are searching for means of eliminating inefficiencies and waste in their manufacturing processes in order to eliminate process bottlenecks and increase profitability.
‘PAT initiative’ conscious pharmaceutical manufacturers are consistently reporting excellent results from AMETEK’s ProMaxion process mass spectrometers in the following applications:
- Pharmaceutical solvent drying - Dryer end-point detection
- Fermentation off-gas analysis
- Mammalian cell culture research
- Real-time release analysis
- Solvent swapping
Each of these tasks can be improved through PAT implementation and use of the ProMaxion.
With the ProMaxion, you will increase the profitability of solvent dryer operations regardless of dryer type. We are experienced with tray dryers, centrifuge dryers, cone dryers, filter dryers, and vacuum dryers. By minimizing operation time to the minimum required for complete drying, you will see increased process throughput and reduced dryer operational costs.
Every ProMaxion is supplied with our powerful, PAT directed, Process 2000 software that is specifically written for use by technicians who are inexperienced with mass spectrometers. Every customer who has used the analyzer has commented positively on its breadth of features and ease of use. Software is available to meet your 21 CFR Part 11 and OPC or MODBUS needs.
If your process analyzer technology needs do not require installation in a hazardous location nor a NEMA4X enclosure, you can also consider our ProLine series of general purpose process mass spectrometers.
- Range: 1-100 AMU; optional 1-200 AMU
- Inlet: Expandable sample selection manifold with electric or pneumatic valves. Membrane inlet system for ambient air samples.
- Inlet Pressure (Gas): 30 PSIG (207 kPa) to 3 Torr absolute.
- Accuracy: Absolute Standard Deviation better than 25 PPM on 1% component, e.g., argon in air (0.25% RSD).
- Communication: Ethernet standard (Optional: RS-485, RS-232, fi ber optics, wireless radio, Modbus,
- OPC). Optional analog/digital outputs available.
- Detection Range: From 10 PPM to 100% with gas samples, Faraday cup. Optional electron multiplier for lower LODs.
- Power: 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1000 W.
- Ambient Temperature: +12°C to 40°C
- PC: On-board PC standard. Windows®-based Process 2000 Software can also be run on remote PC.
- Enclosure: Weather resistant, stainless steel; ATEX and NEC purged, and designed for CI D1 and 2 versions available.
- CE Compliance: EN61326 EMC Directive and EN61010-1 Low Voltage Directive.
- ATEX Model Ratings: II 2 G, EEx pd[ib] IIB+H2 T3, 0ºC <= Ta <= 40ºC.
- EN61326 EMC Directive and EN61010-1 Low Voltage Directive
Real-time process monitoring of multiple components is straightforward with ProMaxion’s powerful, easyto- use Process 2000 Software. Complex overlapping spectra are handled automatically, with data output directly in concentration units. Different calibration and analysis methods can be assigned to each sample port. ATEX-version ProMaxion for hazardous location applications.
Mass spectrometry is a very rapid analytical method allowing analysis of multiple sample streams in seconds and can directly replace gas chromatographs and other discrete analytical devices. This field-proven system, combined with AMETEK’s more than 40 years’ experience in the process analyzer business, means you can depend on ProMaxion for your critical process analysis and control applications.
The software provides easy setup and operation and includes advanced alarm and automation capabilities. Autocalibration maintains the performance and accuracy of the system for quantitative analysis. The onboard computer enables autostart to prevent loss of data or interruption of your process during power failure. Selfdiagnostics and modular design ensure ease of maintenance by your own personnel on site, with remote support available for additional factory diagnosis and troubleshooting. There is no need for the expensive service contract typical of most process mass spectrometers.
The ProMaxion can be custom-designed to monitor just about any type of gas stream, depending on sample pressures, hazardous area requirements, particulate levels and number of sample points. Automated sample switching allows unattended analysis of process and calibration gases. The multiport gas sample inlet system consists of multiple valves and a capillary restriction in an enclosure heated to prevent condensation. A membrane inlet system is incorporated for ambient air applications.