Promis-10 - Multi-Frequency EM Profiling
The Promis system is available with 4-10 frequencies and a variety of cable separations. It is also offered with a three component option.
- Light weight
- Easy to use
- Simultaneous Max & Min modes
Heritage GeoPhysics is pleased to introduce its new multi-frequency electromagnetic profiling system, PROMIS-10, bringing improved productivity with its fully incorporated data logger and its multi-components receiver sensor.
PROMIS-10 is the ideal geophysical tool for locating conductive targets such as: fractured zones for groundwater exploration, mineralized veins for mineral exploration.
The operator at the receiver fully controls the transmitter through the cable link. After each new reading, the profile curve is updated on the receiver graphic display.
PROMIS-10 transmitter features ten frequencies from 110 hertz up to 56320 hertz and is designed for transmitter-receiver spacings of up to 400 meters.
PROMIS-10 receiver features a three-components sensor allowing to simultaneously acquire data in the Max and Min coupling configurations. The additional perpendicular component provides information on the target strike.
The optimized design of the PROMIS-10 provides unmatched characteristics both for the transmitter (lighter but more powerful) and for the receiver (versatile and easy to handle).
- Ten frequencies:110, 220, 440, 880, 1760, 3520, 7040, 14080, 28160 and 56320 hertz
- Coil separation: Any value between 10 and 400 meters thanks to digital compensation of primary field
- Reference cable: Lightweight unshielded two twisted conductors teflon cable with kevlar thread, for wide operation temperature range and higher strength
- Standard lengths: 50, 100, 150, 200 and 400 meters. Other length on request (between 10 and 400 meters)
- Intercom: Voice communication through the reference cable
- Receiver EM sensor: choice of 1, 2 or 3 axis coil assembly
- Parameters measured: in-phase and quadrature components of the secondary magnetic field (in percent of primary)
- Tilt sensor: measurement over 2 or 3 axis
- Display: graphics LCD 128 x 64 pixels
- Data storage: 1 Mbyte Flash memory (optional 32 Mbytes)
- Power supply: NiMh 4.8 V - 4 Ah battery
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +70 °C
- Weight: 3 kg with one component sensor, 4 kg with three components sensor
- Transmitter coil: optimized for wide frequency range, light (8 kg)
- Tilt sensor: measurement over 2 axis
- Transmitter console: remote-controlled by receiver through reference cable, or operator-controlled with four keys keyboard
- Console weight: 3 kg
- Display: LCD with 4 lines of 16 characters each
- Power supply: NiMh 12 V - 24 Ah battery in belt pack (3.5 kg) providing more than one day of operation in most condition