Pulsar - Model mmWAVE dBR Radar Series - Non-contacting Radar Level Sensors
The dBR radar series of transducers from Pulsar Measurement are a range of Radar level sensors that are ideal for difficult applications such as high temperatures, applications subject to foam or atmospheric changes, or applications with harsh chemicals that give off vapors. Radar level sensors from Pulsar Measurement are complimentary to the Ultrasonic range of sensors and gives end users a complete choice of technology based on the needs of their application.
Linear Frequency Modulation (LFM) processing enables our radar level sensors to have a strong signal-to-noise ratio and excellent resolution, giving the sensors significant advantages over pulsed radar systems. Featuring unique digital echo processing technology from Pulsar Measurement, our range of radar level sensors are able to 'zone in' on the true level, and keep focused on the correct echo - even when there is competing noise in the measurement path.
The dBR radar series of level sensors are suitable for chemical level measurement, tank level measurement, industrial level monitoring, hazardous applications, applications with high atmospheric changes, high-temperature applications or applications subject to foam.
All level sensors from Pulsar Measurement are retrofittable to all Pulsar Measurement Controllers, so whenever your application needs to change, your control system can change with you at a minimal cost.
- FMCW Radar
- 16 m (52.5 ft) measurement range
- Compatible / retrofittable with standard Pulsar controllers
- DATEM Echo Processing
- LFM processing
- Accurate and Repeatable
- Narrow 8° beam angle
- Short blanking distance
- ATEX Approved
- Compact and Lightweight
- Use in dusty, high temperature, and volatile atmospheric conditions
- Short blanking distance 77 mm (3 in)
- Dimensions: Nominal 130 mm H x 90 mm D (5.1 in H x 3.5 in D)
- Weight: Nominal 1.1 kg (2.4 lbs)
- Frequency: V-band
- Sensor Body Material: Valox 357U
- Mounting Connection: 1 in BSP or NPT
- Enclosure Protection: IP68 / NEMA 6P
- Operating Temperature (Electronics): -40 °C to +80 °C (-40 °F to +176 °F)
- Process Pressure: -1 bar to +4 bar (-14.5 psi to 58 psi)
- Variants: dBR8, dBR16
- Accessories: Additional Aiming Kit
- Cable lengths: 5 m, 10 m, 20 m, and 30 m (16.4 ft, 32.8 ft, 65.6 ft, and 98.4 ft)
- Flange Options: 2 in, 3 in, 4 in, 6 in, or 8 in ANSI flanged, PTFE faced
- 50 mm, 80 mm, 100 mm, 150 mm, or 200 mmm DIN flanged, PTFE faced