Pulsar - Model 105 and 106 - Sound Level Calibrator - Class 1 and Class 2
To ensure your noise measurements are legally compliant with Noise Regulations you MUST field calibrate your sound level meter before and after taking your measurements; most noise related regulations stipulate that the noise meter or noise dosimeter is calibrated before each acoustic calibration session and checked again before turning the instrument off. In fact, noise measurements made for ‘official’ use, such as industrial health & safety or environmental monitoring, are not valid unless correct calibration procedures have been followed.
Both Models 105 and Model 106 sound level calibrators give a standardised 1kHz tone - the frequency where all weighting networks are the same, at a pressure of 1 Pascal which is a sound level of 94 decibels. They have sensors to correct for temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and battery voltage so that they remain stable and accurate under almost any conditions where they are likely to be used.
- The units are simple to operate and meet the requirements of the latest IEC 60942:2003 standard for sound level calibrators
- Model 105 precision sound level calibrator complies fully with Class 1
- Model 106 complies fully with Class 2, meeting the requirements for the calibration of industrial sound level meters used in almost all Health and Safety applications.
- We have taken great care during the design process to ensure that the units are comfortable to hold, robust and easy to used, whilst performing accurately throughout a wide range of temperature, humidity and pressure conditions.
- The acoustic calibrators are powered by an easy to access single 9-volt battery giving many months or even years of operation. An automatic shut-off circuit ensures power conservation should you forget to switch off the unit.
- Advanced performance ensures that both models meet or exceed IEC 60942 accuracy requirements
- Full PTB pattern approval awarded on both models
- Ergonomic and robust design ensures comfortable use
- Auto-correction for temperature and barometric pressure
- Auto switch off in normal mode and ‘permanent-on’ mode available
- 94dB Sound Pressure Level
- Fits ½ inch international standard microphones
- ¼ inch adaptor available
- Calibration certificate included
- 12 months' warranty extendable to 7 years
- Acoustic Calibration of noise meters and dosemeters
Models 105 & 106 Accessories
Whilst both the Models 105 and Model 106 can be ordered separately, they are most often supplied as part of a noise measurement kit. The Model 105 for a precision sound level calibrator (Class 1) and the Model 106 for a Class 2 noise measurement kit.
Each Model 105 or Model 106 sound level calibrator is supplied with the following:
- User manual
- Certificate of calibration
- Battery (9V)
- 12 months warranty extendable to 7 years*
* To qualify for the 7-year warranty, you will need to send your Calibrator back to us annually for service and recalibration whereupon the warranty is extended for a further 12 months for up to 7 years.