Many industrial, construction, installation, environmental, sporting or entertainment applications need a simple yet compliant method to determine whether there is, or is not, a genuine noise issue. Once this has been established a sensible plan of action can be implemented. The cost effective Model 14 is very easy to use, whilst meeting the requirements of the latest international sound level meter standard IEC 61672 at Class 2 accuracy.
The Model 14 has a large and easy to read display, which shows the Sound Level (SPL) in decibels. You can select either the standard A-frequency-weighting or the alternative C-frequency-weighting.
The maximum hold function allows the unit to freeze the display showing the highest level measured. This is very useful where the allowable level is given in terms of a maximum (LAFmax or LCFmax).
For certain applications, such as fire alarm testing, Pulsar offer the choice of ‘Slow’ rather than ‘Fast’ weighting.
- Simple and easy to use Sound Level Meter for basic noise level measurement and spot checks
- Class 2 Sound Level Meter to IEC 61672:2002-1 & Type 2 to IEC 60651:1979
- dB(A) & dB(C) Frequency Weightings
- Fast Time Weighting with Maximum Hold (LAFmax or LCFmax)
- Measurement range of 35dB(A) to 130dB(A)
- Windshield included as standard
Pulsar Instruments Model 14 is an entry-level sound level meter for general purpose use whilst meeting the requirements of IEC 61672 to Class 2.
It is also an ideal low-cost instrument for those applications where a Sound Level Meter can be useful but a high specification instrument would be too expensive.
Noise levels can be checked quickly and simply, through the instrument’s large and easy-to-read display, which shows the Sound Level (SPL) with the standard dB(A) frequency weighting. Also included is the dB(C) frequency weighting.
A maximum hold function allows the unit to freeze the display showing the highest level measured. This can be used where the allowable level is given in terms of a maximum (LAFmax or LCFmax).
The ‘A’weighting filter is the internationally recognised method of replicating the response of the human ear to noise, making the Model 14 the ideal tool for basic noise risk assessments.
The instrument can be calibrated for compliance, using the Model 106 Acoustic Calibrator, when used for industrial noise checks.
Two measurement ranges are included in the Model 14, measuring the most typically encountered levels from 35dB(A) to 130dB(A).
The Pulsar Model 14 is the perfect solution for basic industrial noise surveys, and ideal for use in the measurement and checks of vehicle noise, workplace noise, fire alarms, audible warning systems and during the installation of sound systems. The Pulsar 14 is ideal for a wide range of noise survey applications that require a ‘simple to use’ yet inexpensive meter. These include;
- Workplace noise
- Environmental measurements
- Vehicle noise
- Hobby / Sports noise
- Fire alarm testing
- Nuisance noise
Often the above applications need a simple, yet compliant method to determine whether there is, or is not, a genuine noise issue. Once this has been established sensible actions can then be implemented.
Because of its compact dimensions, the Pulsar Model 14 is ideal where a larger instrument would be too conspicuous or clumsy.
The Pulsar Model 14 is also useful for the investigation of environmental noise complaints as the instrument features a low range reading down to 35dB(A).
The small size of the unit allows it to be carried in the pocket so that measurements can be made without the operator being the centre of attention.
- Applicable standards:
- IEC 61672:2002-1 Class 2
- IEC 60651:1979 Type 2
- Measurement Range: 35dB(A) to 130dB(A), 40dB(C) to 130dB(C)
- Range Information:
- L (Low) = 35dB(A) to 100dB(A)
- H (High) = 65dB(A) to 130dB(A)
- Frequency Weighting: dB(A) & dB(C) to IEC 61672: 2002-1 Class 2
- Time Weighting: Fast to IEC 61672:2002-1 Class 2
- Display Functions: Normal (Sound Level), Maximum Hold
- Measurement Functions: LAF, LCF, LAFMax, LCFMax
- Display Flags:
- Overload (Green Light),
- Under range (Red Light)
- Maximum Hold (HOLD), Low battery (LOWBAT)
- Display: 3 1/2” digit LCD with 0,1dB Resolution
- Outputs: AC Out Max output = 2V
- Power: 1 x 9V (6F22, PP3), External DC Power, 7V to 10V
- Microphone: 1/2” pre-polarised electret condenser (Typically Type MK:268)
- Operating: -10°C to +50°C,
- Storage: -20°C to +60°C
- Dimensions: Length 248mm, Width 66mm, Depth 30mm
- Weight: 227 gms (8oz) with battery
- CE classification:
- EMC EN50081-1, EN 50082-1
- Safety EN 61010-1, 1993 portable equipment pollution category 2