Pulsar - Model Nova 45 - Class 1 Sound Level Meter with Octave Bands
From Sound Level Meters
The Pulsar Model 45 Class 1 decibel meter is an extremely accurate, reliable, ‘handheld’ precision instrument that is especially suited to measuring noise pollution. It successfully combines the latest technology in noise measurement methods with ease of use and durability. It can also be used for measuring noise across many different applications: noise at work, construction, entertainment, environment and for measuring machinery and vehicle noise.
The Model 45 is an ideal instrument for precision occupational noise measurement to ensure compliance with International Occupational Noise or Industrial Hygiene Noise Directives to be used as part of a company Health and Safety strategy. This model includes real-time 1:1 Octave band filters for the prescription of correct levels of hearing protection.
- Model 45 Class 1 SPL A, C, Z (simultaneous measurement) frequency weighting F, S & I (simultaneous measurement) Time weighting
In December 2017, Pulsar Nova Model 45 was awarded regulatory type approval from the prestigious Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) in Germany.
The added features of this class 1 decibel meter include Audio Recording, Ln Values and Data logging. The meter also combines simplicity of use with the outstanding Pulsar ‘AnalyzerPlus’ reporting software (supplied as standard). This software allows you to effectively measure noise, store your measurements in the large internal memory and then effortlessly transform your measurements into final report formats.
The meter has a removable pre-amplifier which enables the instruments to be used with microphone extension cables. With the addition of an Outdoor Kit, this meter can also be transformed into a long term weatherproof environmental monitoring meter.
- All of the features of the Pulsar Nova Model 43 Class 1 Noise at work sound level meter and more. Every feature listed below comes as standard:
- AnalyzerPlus data-logging software
- Manual audio record
- Audio Note
- Repeat Timer
- Single Timer
- Ln Values
- Real-Time 1:1 Octave Band filter Analysis 31.5Hz to 16kHz
- Compliant with IEC 61672-1:2013
- PTB type approved
- Calibration certificate included as standard
Typical applications include:
- Noise at work
- Occupational & industrial hygiene
- Environmental noise measurement
- Boundary noise measurement
- Manufacturing (machinery noise testing and maintenance)
- Vehicle noise testing
- Entertainment noise measurement
Pulsar Nova ‘AnalyzerPlus’ sound level meter software package is supplied as standard with the Model 45. The instrument stores data in its large memory and the software allows the user to download their measurement data onto a PC or laptop for analysis and to create a variety of reports. This software features a hearing defenders' tab for PPE equipment specification using octave band measurements including a large database of hearing protection equipment and reporting functions. Octave band analysis is the most detailed and accurate of the three methods commonly used to prescribe hearing protection by the HSE and, in particular, when measuring tonal noise.
Pulsar Nova Accessories
The Model 45 Class 1 Sound Level Meter is supplied with:
- 1-year warranty (extendable up to 7 years*)
- User manual
- Certificate of calibration
- 6 X AA Batteries
- Wrist strap
- AnalyzerPlus sound level meter analysis and reporting software
- USB small download cable
- *To qualify for the 7-year warranty, you will need to send your Pulsar Nova sound level meter back to us annually for recalibration and service whereupon the warranty is extended for a further 12 months for up to 7 years.
The Pulsar Nova sound level meters can be supplied as part of a complete noise measurement kit, containing all that is required to carry out a noise survey. In addition, an outdoor noise measurement kit is available to purchase as an option to perform outdoor measurements for mid to long-term periods.
Each Model 45K noise measurement kit contains:
- Model 45 Nova Meter
- Model 105 (Class 1) Acoustic Calibrator
- WS90 Windshield
- K4 Hard Kit Case
- Wrist Strap
- 6 X AA batteries
- Calibration Certificates for the sound level meter and its acoustic calibrator, User manual
- Pulsar ‘AnalyzerPlus’ download, analysis and reporting software
- USB small download cable