Pulsar - Model UltraTWIN - Twin-channel Ultrasonic Measurement
Flexibility is the UltraTWIN two channel ultrasonic system. Each channel is user-configurable to operate independently either as a full function open channel flow monitor, a pump control system or as a level and volume monitoring unit for liquids or solids, calculating volumes and providing alarms. UltraTWIN is compatiable with the full range of dB Transducers. UltraTWIN features six relays configurable to either channel.
A full-function flexible combination instrument Level/Volume:
UltraTWIN in level/volume mode will calculate volumes based on a wide variety of standard tanks shapes measuring liquids and solids.
UltraTWIN provides a wide range of sophisticated pump control routines. UltraTWIN also includes four digital inputs, making it possible to monitor the performance of other equipment, for example a no-flow signal from a pump can trigger an alarm without the need for a PLC.
Open Channel Flow:
In open channel flow mode, UltraTWIN gives you the full power of Pulsar's flow measurement expertise, that's the reason it's the choice of wastewater companies and process industries worldwide to measure open channel flow within effluent treatment processes. Features include on-board totalisation and pulsed output. UltraTWIN provides outstanding accuracy when teamed with the high resolution accuracy of the dBMACH3 transducer.
Ultra Wizard is an on-board, menu-driven software tool that allows the user to quickly and simply set up an UltraTWIN unit for a specific application. The user is led into a 'Quick Setup' menu specific to the application chosen that allows parameters such as empty and full distances and alarm/control relay settings to be entered. The majority of applications will be 'ready to go'.
- Level and Volume measurement
- Pump control
- Open channel flow measurement
- Liquids and solids measurement
- Food, pharmaceutical, chemical, power generation and many more industries
- Outside dimesnions (wall mount): 240 x 184 x 118mm (9.45 x 7.24 x 4.65in)
- Weight: Nominal 1kg (2.2lbs)
- Cable entry: 10 cable entries. 5 x PG11, 1 x PG9 underside, 4 x PG11 at rear
- Enclosure material/description: Polycarbonate, flame resistant to UL94-V2
- Transducer cable: Twin screened
- Maximum separation: 1000m (3280ft)
- Rack mount: 10HP x 160mm (6.3in) deep x 3U 128.5mm (5.06in) high
- Panel mount: 72mm (7.87in) wide x 144mm (4.8in) high x 176mm (6.93in) deep
- Fascia mount: 200mm x 122mm (7.87 x 4.8in) front x 108mm (4.25in) deep, 165mm x 105mm (6.5in x 4.12in) cutout
- IP rating: Wall mount = IP65, fascia mount = IP64, panel mount (optional) = IP65
- Max. and min. temperature (electronics): -20C to +55C (-4F to +131F)
- Flammable atmosphere approval: Safe area: compatible with approved dB transducers
- CE approval: See EC Declaration of Conformity
- UL/CUL Approvals: Certificate Number E257330 - UL Approval certificate/ CUL Approval certificate
- Accuracy: 0.1% of maximum range
- Resolution: dBMACH3 0.25mm, dB3 0.5mm, dB6 and dB10 1mm, dB15 1.5mm, dB25 2.5mm and dB40 5mm
- Range: Depending upon transducer, from 125mm to 40m (0.41-130ft).
- ECHO PROCESSING: Patented DATEM (Digital Adaptive Tracking of Echo Movement)
- Analogue output: Isolated output 4-20mA or 0-20mA into 500 (user programmable and adjustable), 0.1% resolution
- Digital output: Full duplex RS232 via RJ11 port
- Display: 6 digits plus 12 character text, plus bargraph with direction indicators, remote communicator identifier and program/run/test mode indicators
- Digital Inputs: 4 normally open or normally closed, 24VDC supply
- Remote programming: Standard on rack and panel mount units via infra red communicator
- On-board programming: Standard on wall and fascia mount units with integral keypad
- PC programming: Via RS232 (RJ11 port)
- Programming security: Via password (user selectable and adjustable)
- Programmed data integrity: Via non-volatile RAM, plus backup
- Power supply: 115V ac +5%/-10% 50/60Hz, 230V ac +5%/-10%, 18-36V dc
- Volt-free contacts: 6 form C (SPDT) 5A, 240V ac