Pumpsil - Platinum Cured Silicone Tubing
From Watson-Marlow Tubing
Pumpsil is widely used for single-use biopharm applications, as well as pH control and media feed in fermentation, accurate metering, transfer and filtration. Absolute traceability with laser-etched part number, lot number and use-by-date. Fully documented biocompatibility and comprehensive validation pack.
Pumpsil typical values
- Colour/transparency Translucent
- Spallation Low
- Certification USP Class VI, FDA regulations 21 CFR177.2600 for contact with food.
- ISO 10993-1
- European Pharmacopoeia 3.1.9
- Sterilization methods Gamma, autoclave, EtO
- Operating temperature -20C to 80C
- Available in thirty different bore sizes, five wall thicknesses and three coil lengths including bulk reels
- USP class VI requirements
- European Pharmacopoeia 3.1.9
- ISO10993-1 requirements
- FDA regulations CFR177.2600 for contact with food
- Animal Derivative Component Free (ADCF)
Our custom silicone achieves precision, consistency and durability. The tubing is 'addition cured' and is entirely free of the 2,4 DCBA residue associated with peroxide tubing. We built an ISO 14644-1 Class 7 clean room air conditioned to maintain constant temperature and humidity.
Our customers can be sure of a product without impurities. Each stage of manufacture is performed by state-of-the-art production machinery, supervised by highly skilled personnel. We achieve an accuracy which is typically a fraction of the published tolerance. 100% on-line inspection plus off-line checks during every run ensure that all Pumpsil® tubing is validated to the highest standards.
If you buy large volumes of silicone tubing, Watson-Marlow can supply tubing in the way that best suits your production needs.
- Custom tube sizes to suit your specific application
- Custom coil lengths to suit your production requirements
- Competitive pricing
- Custom cut lengths to fit your process, this eliminates on-site cutting and ensures the tubing is ready for use
- Packaging to suit your needs - single bag, double bag, gamma radiation traceable, individually packed cut lengths, bulk packed
- Tubing on 500'*/152m reels, ideal for higher volume applications
- Custom labelling ensures your part numbers are included on all packaging
Custom LaserTraceability (laser coding on the surface of the tube) ensures that the tubing is identified in the correct way in your process and is fully traceable. For example, laser coding your part number and purchase order guarantees traceability irrespective of whether the tubing has been removed from the packaging or has been used. Unlike some ink-based printing, LaserTraceability cannot be removed by common clean-room solvents such as IPA and will not contaminate your product.
We can provide custom sizes and packaging, and guaranteed response times, delivered on time, every time.
Pumpsil tubing is double-packed in heat-sealed polythene bags in the clean room. The polythene bags are, like the Pumpsil tubing, free of any animal derived components. The bag is labelled with the part number, lot number and use-by date and tube description. The standard coil length is 15m (50 feet) other coil lengths or cut lengths are available on request.
Tubing reels, which include up to 500feet (152m) of tubing, are also available for 1.6, 2.4 and 3.2mm wall tubing.
The bagged Pumpsil coils and the reels are packed in a card box outside the clean room. The card boxes are, like the polythene bags, labelled with the Pumpsil part number, lot number, use-by date and tube description. A lot-specific certificate of conformance is included with each pack of tubing.
Full lot traceability is maintained for every batch of tubing produced through detailed raw material and production records, hard copy and electronic production data and retain samples.
Traceability is fundamental in the biopharm industry, where validated processes must be demonstrated. In response to this vital requirement from our customers, every Watson-Marlow Pumpsil® tube is permanently laser-marked end-to-end with part number, lot number and use-by date. Laser coding produces an indelible print which uses no ink and has no effect on tube performance. It means that, for the first time, lot traceability is carried through from box to bag to the tube itself.
Also available is a downloadable copy of your certificate of conformance for Watson-Marlow sanitary tubing and sanitary tubing elements.