PureFeed - Model A Series - Feeder in Hygienic Design
From IBS Light Products
The feed system is suitable for gravimetric or volumetric feeding of powders and granulates and is ideal for feed rates from 500 g/hr to 150 kg/hr. The auger feeder satisfies the stringent requirements of hygienic design. Given the external non-intrusive agitation of its flexible hopper, the PureFeed® A discharges the product gently, ensuring optimum bulk material flow. The penetration depth and frequency of the external agitation can be conveniently set to product specific requirements. The auger feeder is available in various geometries which can be easily adjusted to the application and also handle challenging feeding tasks. Feed hopper of various sizes are available and even auger extensions are possible.
- Ideal for feed rates from 500 g/hr to 150 kg/hr
- Particle Size: 3 µm to 5 mm
- Bulk Density: ≤ 1.4 kg/m3
- Material Characteristics: Free-flowing to difficult to handle
Characteristics of PureFeed® A Auger Feeder
- Disposable flexible feed hopper manufactured from FDA Approved EPDM reduces the need for cleaning and swab testing
- External, non-intrusive agitation of the flexible feed hopper
- Easy disassembly for COP cleaning
- Dust containment system for transportation of the unit to a COP area
- Volumetric and gravimetric variants
- All connecting pieces are secured using quick-releases clamps
for the PureFeed® A are in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmetics industries for the feeding of mills, mixers, extruders and compounders.