IMPAC - Model IS 8 pro - Portable Digital Pyrometers for Non-Contact Temperature Measurement
From Portable Pyrometers
Portable digital pyrometers for non-contact temperature measurement between 600 and 2500°C: Very robust aluminum die-cast housing for use in rough environments. Focusable precision optics for adjusting smallest spot sizes. Temperature display on the housing, in the view finder and on the multifunctional display sideways. Large data storage for subsequent analysis of measuring data. Integrated maximum value storage to determine the peak value achieved during a measuring series. Extremely short response time for measurements on fast-moving objects. USB interface for using the optional anaylizing software PortaWin.
The series 8 pyrometers are high-quality, battery driven portables for non-contact temperature measurement.
The pro series is a revision of the 15 years proven plus series. The instruments feature fully digital signal processing, resulting in wider temperature ranges as well as higher accuracy. With the additional integrated graphic display the measuring results can be shown and analyzed directly on site.
The aluminium die-cast housing is specially designed for the daily use under rough industrial conditions. The easy focusable precision optics provides small spot sizes for measuring distances between 500 mm and ∞. The bright, optimized view finder with exact spot indication and built-in temperature display facilitates the accurate aiming on the object. Moreover, the large measurement data storage offers the best possibility for subsequent interpretation of the measured values.
The extremely short response time of 1 ms allows exact measurements of fast moving objects and a very quickly detection of temperature differences. The maximum temperature can be stored in the built-in peak picker (maximum value storage).
For high temperatures the IS 8 pro is available in two temperature ranges between 600 and 2500°C, for the medium temperatures the IGA 8 pro with a range from 250 to 1600°C. The IS 8-GS pro is a special version for use in foundries.
The instruments are mainly used in the steel- glass-, forging industry and in foundries.
- Preheating, tempering, hardening, normalizing
- Forging, brazing
- Welding, rolling
- Molten glass
- Glass gob
- Glass moulds
- Temperature Ranges
- (MB 18) 600 to 1800 ºC
- (MB 25) 750 to 2500 ºC
- Spectral Ranges:0.78 to 1.1 μm
- Measurement Accuracy: 0.4% of reading + 1ºC (at ε=1, Tamb=23 ºC)
- Temperature Coefficient: 0.01% / K (Tamb=23 ºC) of reading
- Repeatability: 0.1% of reading or 0.8 ºC (the larger value is valid; at ε = 1, Tamb=23 ºC)
- Resolution: LED inside: 1 °C/°F; LED outside: 0.1° up to 1000 °C/°F, after this: 1°; LCD: 0.1 °C/°F
- Response Time t90: 1 ms (IS 8-GS pro: 0.5 s)
- Emissivity ε: Adjustable from 10 to 100% in 0.1% steps
- Measuring Functions:Normal (normal temp. measurement), MAX (maximum value measurement), AVG (average temperature)
- Parameters: Emissivity, direct emissivity setting; storage interval, temperature indication in ºC or ºF
- Instrument Settings: Side keypad
- Data Storage: 4000 values, storage of: measurement value, date, time, parameters, emissivity, temperature unit
- Storage Interval: Off; 0.001 s; 0.02 s; 0.1 s; 1 s; 10 s; 100 s; 500 s
- Objective: Achromatic, adjustable from a=500 mm to ∞ With close-up lens: a=250 mm to 500 mm Effective lens aperture diameter D: 20 mm (distance ∞) to 25 mm (distance 500 mm)
- Sighting: Optimized thru-lens view finder with dioptry correction -2.5 dpt. to +3 dpt., View magnification: 3 x, angle of view: 10° Indication circle for measuring spot
- Instrument’s back side: LED, 4 digit, 7 segment, 10 mm high.
- Additional built-in LED display in the view finder.
- Left side: LC display, 128 x 64 pixel, illuminated.
- 3 values / s; last value is displayed for another 10 s after finishing measurement (HOLD function).
- Display when exceeding the max. temp range: 20 °C above end of temp. range. Display when falling below the min. temp. range: 5 °C below beginning of temp. range.
- Serial Interface: USB 2.0 (supplies the instrument when connected, but without battery charging function)
- Dimensions: 210 x 75 x 175 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 1.2 kg with batteries
- Housing: Aluminum. Handle: polyamide
- Thread for Tripod: 3/8”
- Ambient Temperature: 0 to 50 °C
- Storage Temperature: -10 ... 65 °C
- Relative Humidity: Non condensing conditions
- Protection Class: IP52 (housing, exclude handle with battery case), IP40 (handle)
- Power Supply:
- 6 x 1.5 V alkali-manganese IEC LR6 or
- 6 x 1.2 V rechargeable batteries (uninterrupted operation time approx. 35 hours with alkali-manganese batteries)
- CE label: According to EU directives about electromagnetic immunity