Q-PANEL - Automotive Refinish Training System
The system comprises a portable mounting cart and set of lightweight, simulated automobile hood and fender panels.
The mounting cart designed to fully support the panels in the correct orientation for painting. It may be folded up when not in use, requiring very little storage space. The large primed aluminum hood and fender panels are shaped like real automobile panels, but are much less expensive and can be used multiple times.
Look for the Q-shaped hole. It’s our trademark and your assurance of quality.
The patent-pending Q-PANEL automotive refinish training system is a cost-effective alternative to using real hoods and fenders for automotive paint refinish development and training. It is designed to give the paint applicator experience with the techniques used to paint whole vehicles, without the high expense. Other applications include technician evaluation, paint and coatings development, trade show displays and customer demonstrations.
Lower in cost than actual automobile hoods and fenders, the Q-PANEL simulated hood and fenders are shaped like real automotive components to provide a true-to-life painting experience, at a lower cost than using actual automotive parts. Hood and fender panels are constructed from sturdy 1mm (0.040') thick aluminum to allow for multiple uses. The panels can be prepped and painted multiple times. The cart is also constructed from lightweight aluminum for reduced shipping costs.
No tools are needed to set up the automotive refinish training system mounting cart or to mount the simulated hood and fenders. It takes just a minute to attach the hood and fenders onto the mounting cart; the hood and fender panels can be quickly changed out for the next application. Because the hood and fenders come pre-coated in a neutral gray color, no priming is necessary.
The Q-PANEL hood and fender panels are thin and can be nested together to save storage space. The mounting cart utilizes quick release fittings to fold in seconds for convenient storage, and can be easily tilted and rolled to working or storage locations.
The Q-PANEL automotive refinish training system from Q-Lab is an innovation with many unique features:
- Folds compactly for storage
- Quick release pins for fast set up and take down
- Strong, lightweight aluminum tubing construction
- Precise positioning of hood and fender panels
- Realistic painting surface orientation
- Wheels and positioning handle for ease of movement
- Fresh hood and fender panels can be stored in the folded cart
Hood and Fender Panels
- Contoured to simulate real automobile hood and fenders
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Less expensive than actual automotive hoods and fenders
- Stackable for compact storage
- Mount quickly and easily to cart
- Precise positioning for accurate hood to fender seam simulation
- Pre-coated - no primer needed