Quantas - Model 1053 Nd:YLF - Diode Pumped Q-Switched Laser
From Q-Switched Lasers
Quantas Q1-1053 series models are based on Nd:YLF laser material. Standard output wavelength is 1053 nm, 1047 nm is optional. Up to 40 mJ pulse energy at 10 Hz pulse repetition rate is standard specification. For higher energies please take a look at our Q2 models based on MOPA (Master Oscillator/Power Amplifier) architecture.
Quantas is diode pumped, fully air-cooled (no water), Q-switched laser designed for wide range of applications that require low pulse repetition rate and high peak power pulses (Q1D model produces ~6 MW peak power).
Typical applications are Light Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Light Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy (LIF), laser ablation, remote sensing and many others.
Less than 8 ns pulse duration allows efficient fundamental wavelength conversion to higher harmonics with shortest wavelength available of 211 nm. Wavelength extensions into infrared range (by use of OPO) are available by request.
Quantas is completely air cooled laser due its excellent wall-plug efficiency. Liquids are not used for heat transfer, as result, maintenance associated with regular replacements of cooling liquid and/or cleaning of cooling system is not required.
Low jitter triggering pulses for user equipment are available with up to 450 µs lead in internal triggering mode. If required, laser pulsing can be externally triggered from delay generator, allowing operation in single-shot or variable pulse repetition modes.
Laser controller has Ethernet (Wifi is optional) interface for convenient monitoring and control from personal computer.
- Up to 40 mJ pulse energy at 1053 nm.
- Air cooled – no liquids.
- Variable pulse repetition rate.
- Built-in sync pulse generator for triggering of user equipment.
- Remote control via built-in Ethernet/Wifi interface.
- Optional 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th harmonic generators.
- Optional attenuator for fundamental wavelength.
- Optional fiber coupled output.
- OEM versions available.
- Light Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS)
- Time-of-Flight Spectroscopy (TOFS)
- Light Induced Fluorescence (LIF) Spectroscopy
- Flash photolysis
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization (MALDI)
- Pulsed light deposition (PLD)
- Remote sensing
- Laser ablation
- The parameters marked typical are not specifications. They are indications of typical performance and might vary unit-to-unit. Unless stated otherwise all specifications are measured at 1053 nm at 10 Hz pulse repetition rate.
- 1064 nm output wavelength models are available. For detailed specifications please check here.
- Factory-set pulse repetition rate is fixed at 10 Hz. Single shot or variable pulse repetition rate is possible when laser is externally triggered. Higher rep. rates are available, please inquire for details.
- FWHM level at 1053 nm. Pulse durations as short as 3 ns are available by request. Please inquire for detailed specifications.
- Averaged from 500 pulses.
- Over 8 hour period after 20 minutes of warm-up when ambient temperature variation is less than ±2 °C.
- Full angle measured at 1/e2 level.
- Beam diameter is measured 20 cm from laser output at 1/e2 level.
- In respect to Q-switch triggering edge of the pulse.
- Laser can be powered from appropriate 12 VDC power source. Please inquire for details.