Quantas - Model 1064 Nd:YAG - Diode Pumped Q-Switched Laser
From Q-Switched Lasers
Quantas Q1-1064 models are based on Nd:YAG laser material with 1064 nm output wavelength. The laser can produce up to 32 mJ at 10 Hz or up to 10 mJ at 50 Hz pulse repetition rate. Models with intermediate energies at 10, 20 or 50 Hz pulse repetition rates are available.
Quantas is compact, fully air-cooled (no water), Q-switched laser designed for wide range of applications that require low pulse repetition rate and high peak power pulses (Q1D model produces ~5 MW peak power). Due good thermal properties of Nd:YAG crystal Q1-1064 can operate at higher pulse repetition rates in comparison to Q1-1053. Laser delivers up to 30 mJ at 20 Hz repetition rate or up to 10 mJ at 50 Hz repetition rate. Typical applications are Light Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Light Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy (LIF), laser ablation, remote sensing and many others. Less than 8 ns pulse duration allows efficient fundamental wavelength conversion to higher harmonics with shortest wavelength available of 213 nm. Wavelength extensions into infrared range, by use of OPO, are available by request. Quantas is completely air cooled laser due its excellent wall-plug efficiency. Liquids are not used for heat transfer, as result, maintenance associated with regular replacements of cooling liquid and/or cleaning of cooling system is not required. Low jitter triggering pulses for user equipment are available with up to 300 µs (YAG models) or 450 µs (YLF models) lead in internal triggering mode. If required, laser pulsing can be externally triggered from delay generator, allowing operation in single-shot or variable pulse repetition modes. Laser controller has standard Ethernet (Wifi is optional) interface for convenient monitoring and control from personal computer.
- Up to 32 mJ pulse energy at 1064 nm.
- Air cooled – no liquids.
- Variable pulse repetition rate.
- Built-in sync pulse generator for triggering of user equipment.
- Remote control via built-in Ethernet/Wifi interface.
- Optional 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th harmonic generators.
- Optional attenuator for fundamental, 2nd and 3rd harmonics.
- Optional fiber coupled output.
- OEM versions available.
- Light Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS)
- Time-of-Flight Spectroscopy (TOFS)
- Light Induced Fluorescence (LIF) Spectroscopy
- Flash photolysis
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization (MALDI)
- Pulsed light deposition (PLD)
- Remote sensing
- Laser ablation
- The parameters marked typical are not specifications. They are indications of typical performance and might vary unit-to-unit. Unless stated otherwise all specifications are measured at 1064 nm at max pulse repetition rate.
- 1053 nm output wavelength models are available. For detailed specifications please check here.
- First number is for 10 Hz, second – for 20 Hz pulse repetition rate.
- Factory-set pulse repetition rate is fixed at max repetition rate. Single-shot or variable pulse repetition rate is possible when laser is externally triggered. Please inquire for higher rep. rates.
- FWHM at 1064 nm. Shorter pulse durations are available by request.
- Averaged from 500 pulses.
- Over 8 hour period after 20 minutes of warm-up when ambient temperature variation is less than ±2 °C.
- Full angle measured at 1/e2 level.
- Beam diameter is measured 20 cm from laser output at 1/e2 level.
- In respect to Q-switch triggering pulse.
- Laser can be powered from appropriate 12 VDC power source. Please inquire for details.