Quantum - Model Q2 - High Energy Diode Pumped Q-Switched Laser
From Q-Switched Lasers
Quantas Q2 models are based on MOPA (Master Oscillator/Power Amplifier) architecture in order to deliver high pulse energies while maintaining low divergence output. Two models are available, delivering 50 mJ @ 20 Hz or 70 mJ @ 10 Hz pulse energies.
Quantas Q2 models employ MOPA (Master Oscillator/Power Amplifier) architecture in order to produce high pulse energies while maintaining low divergence beam output. Two models are available 50 mJ @ 20 Hz or 70 mJ @ 10 Hz pulse energies. Typical applications are Light Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Light Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy (LIF), laser ablation, remote sensing and many others. Less than 8 ns pulse duration allows efficient fundamental wavelength conversion to higher harmonics with shortest wavelength available of 211 nm. Wavelength extensions into infrared range are available by request. Quantas Q2 is forced air cooled laser due its good wall-plug efficiency. Liquids are not used for heat transfer, as result, maintenance associated with regular replacements of cooling liquid and/or cleaning of cooling system is not required. Low jitter triggering pulses for user equipment are available with up to 450 µs lead in internal triggering mode. If required, laser repetition rate can be externally triggered from delay generator, allowing operation in single-shot or variable pulse repetition modes. Laser controller has standard Ethernet (Wifi is optional) interface for convenient monitoring and control from personal computer.
- Up to 70 mJ pulse energy.
- Air cooled – no liquids.
- Variable pulse repetition rate.
- Built-in sync pulse generator for triggering of user equipment.
- Remote monitoring and control via built-in Ethernet/Wifi interface.
- Optional 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th harmonic generators.
- Optional attenuator for fundamental, 2nd and 3rd harmonics.
- Light Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS)
- Time-of-Flight Spectroscopy (TOFS)
- Light Induced Fluorescence (LIF) Spectroscopy
- Flash photolysis
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization (MALDI)
- Pulsed light deposition (PLD)
- Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV)
- OPO, Ti:S pumping
- Laser ablation
- The parameters marked typical are not specifications. They are indications of typical performance and might vary unit-to-unit. Unless stated otherwise all specifications are measured at 1053 or 1064 nm at maximum pulse repetition rate.
- 1064 nm version is available by request. Please inquire for detailed specifications.
- Factory-set pulse repetition rate is fixed at 10 Hz or 20 Hz. Variable pulse repetition rate is possible when laser is externally triggered. Please inquire for 100 Hz rep. rate models.
- FWHM level at 1053 nm or 1064 nm. Shorter pulse duration is available by request. Please inquire for detailed specifications.
- Averaged from 500 pulses.
- Over 8 hour period after 20 minutes of warm-up when ambient temperature variation is less than ±2 °C.
- Full angle measured at 1/e2 level.
- Beam diameter is measured 20 cm from laser output at 1/e2 level.
- In respect to Q-switch triggering edge of pulse.
- Attenuator is build-in into harmonics generator module.
- Laser can be powered from appropriate 12 VDC power source. Please inquire for details.