RadarTron - Model 2250 D - Digital Microwave Moisture Sensor
Microwave Sensor for Measuring the percentage moisture in bulk solids ranging from cement to grain. RadarTron’s microwave technology eliminates the errors associated with resistance and capacitance methods, guaranteeing an accurate reading every time. RadarTron’s digital technology and Windows softwaremake setup and calibration a simple process. It is easily installed in any bin wall and is suitable for digital displayas well as direct connection to almost all batching controllers.
- 1/10 to 1/4% accuracy, depending on type of material; generally better accuracy than oven-dry tests
- Analog 4-20mA and 0-10V, digital RS232 and RS485 multi-drop outputs.
- Calibration via RS232/RS485 connection to Windows software on external control computer, laptop etc.
- Multiple material calibrations allow different materials to be used in the same bin with same sensor.
- Thick, tough ceramic faceplate and stainless steel body are guaranteed for 5 years.
- Waterproof, sealed body and connector
- Simple one-hole mount. Length of body allows correct installation without extra fixtures or welding
- Software ignores erratic readings from loose material during flow and averages readings during flow period, eliminating errors due to dry or wet spots, for use on either current or following batch with good results
- For continuous feed, can give running average.
- Gradual update when no batching occurs, to adapt to changing moisture prior to next batch.
- Empty bin detection holds previous reading and gives output signal for alarm etc.
- Three other programmable alarms warn of high or low moisture levels etc.
- Three display possibilities: separate digital display or via RS232 or RS485 to computer or Tablet.
- Temperature of material available through digital output.
- Measuring range: 0 â€“ 20% moisture, calibrated for sand. Other ranges and materials on request. Can be calibrated for surface or total moisture, â€œwetâ€ or â€œdryâ€ calculation basis
- Material limits: From powder to Â¼â€ granule size
- Analog outpu: 0 â€“ 20 or 4 â€“ 20 mA. 0 â€“ 10 volt etc. by use of external resistor
- Digital RS232 and RS485 connections: Bidirectional, industry standard protocol and command structure supports up to 16 sensors on the same RS485 line
- Material calibration storage: Up to 10 separate sets of material calibration parameters.
- Power: 11 to 30 volts DC, 100 mA max
- Sampling input (enable averaging: Dry contact input or relay from feed gate signal. Optional replaceable relay in junction box rated 120 VAC input.
- Alarm outputs: 4 open collector transistors to drive relays based on Bin Low and 3 other programmable alarms. Optional 140 VAC 6 A solid-state relays in junction box
- Temperature range: Full accuracy 0 - 50 C, 32- 120 F. Reduced accuracy 0 80C, 32 - 175F.
- Construction: 304 stainless steel hard alumina ceramic sensor face.
- Size: 3 Â½â€ (89mm) diameter, 20â€ (508mm) long with 6â€ (152mm) adjustable flange for correct positioning
- 3 Â½â€ (89mm) diameter, 20â€ (508mm) long with 6â€ (152mm) adjustable flange for correct positioning