Ransomes - Model MP653 XC - Rotary Mowers
From Rotary Mowers
The largest in the MP Series of wide area rotary mowers delivers the next generation of productivity on all fronts. Superior maneuverability, engineered for reduced downtime and a width of cut in a class of its own, makes it the ideal mower for sports fields, parks and green spaces, schools, airports, golf courses, and commercial grounds. By utilising high strength, high performance steel and a compact chassis design, the MP series sets a new industry standard for the most efficient use of power.
- The MP653 XC is the world’s first and only wide area rotary mower with a 4.27m cutting width, increasing productivity by up to 25% (up to 1 hectare/hr more) over traditional 3.4m mowers.
- Unparalleled nimble platform delivers zero uncut circle for effortless 180 degree turning, leaving no uncut grass and easier mowing around obstacles.
- New AdaptiCutTM system automatically adjusts mow speed to ensure consistent cut performance even through the thickest grass.
- Individual hydraulic deck motors with self-lubricating integral bearings deliver reliable cutting power to each blade and require no tensioning or greasing maintenance of belts and pulleys.
- InCommandTM control system provides on-board diagnostics for quick and easy troubleshooting and displays maintenance reminders on-screen to aid in proper service and increased up time.
- Ergonomic cockpit with optimal seating position, wing decks set forward of operator, and armrest located individual lift/lower deck joysticks for superior unobstructed views.
- Tilt Sensor Technology (TST)TM ensures operator safety by automatically monitoring slope angles and alerting operators when nearing unsafe working conditions.
- Available with a premium operator cabin equipped with air conditioning, heater, high visibility heated front screen and low noise kit to keep you comfortable and productive in all conditions
Type Kubota® V2403-CR-TE4 4-cyl, liquid cooled, turbo diesel
Horsepower 65.2HP (48.6 kW) @ 2700 rpm
Emission Level EPA Tier 4 Final - (EU Stage IIIB)
Cooling System Side-by-side radiator/hydraulic oil cooler; pressurized; 8 qt (7.6L) capacity, 8.5 fins per inch
Fuel Capacity 20.4 gal (77.1 L)
Electrical System 12-volt, input/output controller. 60 amp alternator. Overload protection with automotive type fuses.
Mowing 10.0 mph (16.1 km/h)
Transport 15.5 mph (25 km/h)
Reverse 4 mph (6.4 km/h)
Traction and Drive
Traction System Hydrostatic closed loop parallel cross series SureTrac system; variable displacement piston pump; front high torque fixed displacement piston wheel motors; full time auto 4wd forward, on demand in reverse. Variable displacement, electronically controlled hydrostatic drive.
Deck Drive Nine individual hydraulic motors with self lubricating integral bearings
Hydraulic System 13.3 gal (50.2 litre) capacity reservoir, O-ring face seal fittings, 10 micron remote charge filters, suction screen at tank, oil cooler side by side radiator, diagnostic test ports.
Tires, Brakes, and Steering
Front Tires 26 x 12-12 tubeless 8 ply
Rear Tires 20 x 10-8 tubeless 6 ply
Service Brakes Dynamic through traction system
Parking Brake Automatic wet parking brakes integrated into wheel motors
Steering Q-Amp® Variable rate, hydrostatic powered equal displacement cylinder to rear wheels
Decks and Cutting Units
Number and Size One 60 in. (1.52 m) front deck; Two 60 in. wing decks
Caster Wheels Eight, 4 x 11 in. smooth tires with greasable tapered roller bearings
Weight Transfer On demand electrically operated hydraulic weight transfer system
Height of cut 1.0 - 4.5 in. (25-114 mm) in 0.5 in. (12.7 mm) increments
Cutting Capacity Max: 17.0 acres/hour at 10.0 mph (6.9 ha/hr at 16.0 km/h)
Typical: 12.7 acres/hour at 7.5 mph (5.14 ha/hr at 12.0 km/h)
Deck Lift/Lower Fingertip operated joysticks for individual deck lift/lower; cross cut position; front deck service position with lock pin. Electronic safety locks.
Deck Construction 11 gauge (3 mm) Domex high strength steel shell with 9 gauge (4mm) bolt in baffle and stiffeners
Weight and Dimensions
Weight Standard: 4023 lbs (1825 kg)
Cab Unit: 4479 lbs (2032 kg) with cab
Weight Cab Unit: 2032 kg (4479 lbs)
Length 143 in. (3.62 m) front deck down
Height Standard: 92 in. (2.34 m) decks up, 83 in. (2.11 m) decks down, ROPS up
67 in. (1.70 m) ROPS and decks down
Cab Unit: 92 in. (2.34 m) decks up
87 in. (2.2 m) decks down
Transport Width 65 in. (1.67 m) at 1 in. (25 mm) height of cut