Rawell - Model HDB Type PP Range - Environmental Lining Membrane
For liquid and contamination containment applications and in areas of fluctuating ground water tables.
- Consists of two layers of non-woven geotextile applied on either side of the pre-hydrated bentonite core. These thick geotextile layers offer greater protection to the clay core.
- The PP1 series of membranes are produced in rolls of 1m width, 5m long, and can be handled manually.
- The PP2 series of membranes are produced in rolls of 2m width, 50m long, and lend themselves to swifter coverage.
- Type PP gives additional protection to the clay core where fluctuating water tables may be present.
- The RAWMAT® HDB Type PP material consists of a factory prehydrated natural sodium bentonite central core sandwiched between two layers of thick non-woven geotextile.
- RAWMAT® HDB Type PP is laid directly onto the prepared substrate with the adjoining sheets overlapping by a minimum of 150mm.
- IN ALL APPLICATIONS IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE WHITE NON-WOVEN GEOTEXTILE IS PEELED BACK AND DOES NOT FORM ANY PART OF THE OVERLAP BETWEEN THE SHEETS
The most robust of the Rawmat® HDB range Type PP membrane consists of two layers of non-woven polypropylene applied either side of the central core of prehydrated natural sodium bentonite. The non-woven geotextile confines the bentonite core and prevents damage from fluctuating water tables in the Landscaping sector and provides greater puncture resistance from the formation and backfill in the Petrochemcial sector.