Reactive Core Mat Organoclay - Permeable Composite of Geotextiles and Granular Organoclay
REACTIVE CORE MAT is a patented permeable composite mat consisting of reactive material(s) encapsulated in a non-woven core matrix bound between two geotextiles. The upper geotextile is a needle-punched, non-woven fabric that is heat-laminated to a matrix of nonwoven fibers needle-punched into a woven geotextile. Through its innovative processing, RCM can combine two active materials, if required.
ORGANOCLAY REACTIVE CORE MAT is a permeable composite of geotextiles and granular Organoclay that reliably adsorbs NAPL and low solubility organics from water. Batch isotherm testing by a university determined the following partition coefficients:
- Naphthalene, Kd = 3280 L/kg
- Phenanthrene, Kd = 117,000 L/kg
- Pyrene, Kd - 286,000 L/kg
ORGANOCLAY REACTIVE CORE MAT is designed for use in the following applications:
- In situ subaqueous cap for contaminated sediments or post-dredge residual sediments
- Embankment seepage control
- Groundwater remediation
- ORGANOCLAY REACTIVE CORE MAT provides a reactive material that treats contaminants carried by advective/diffusive flow
- Reactive cap allows for thinner cap thickness than a traditional sand cap
- Geotextiles provide stability and physical isolation of contaminants
Organoclay Reactive Core Mat is available from the following CETCO plant locations: 92 Highway 37, Lovell, WY
- 15’ by 100’ rolls, packaged on 4” PVC core tubes wrapped with polyethylene plastic packaging.