From Flue Gas Treatment
The reactor relies on active carbon as absorption medium for the reaction to adsorb heavy metals and dioxin &furans. Dioxins and furans, having been destroyed in the post combustion chamber, can form again in the subsequent heat exchanger because of the cooling procedure. Activated carbon is added to the lime to absorb dioxins and Hg.
- Based on sorption principles,
- Uses activated carbon for dioxin & furan and
- heavy metal removal,
- Uses hydrated lime or sodium bicarbonate
- for acidic content removal such as S02 and
- No water consumption,
- No slurry or waste water production,
- Low waste disposal costs,
- Lower pressure loss.