RedGuard - Model SD & HD - Sensor Cable
The sensor cable contains the entire electronics for measuring temperature, addressing the sensors and transmitting data to the processor unit. The sensor spacings are selectable: 2, 4, 7, 10 or 20 m. One unit can monitor up to 2000 metres of sensor cable.
The sensor cable consists of an 8-strand flat cable: 2 as redundant conductors for ground, 2 for supply voltage, 2 for data transmission and 2 for addressing. The flat cable is protected by two additional covers. The inner thermoplastic elastomer jacket serves as a barrier to humidity and the outer polyurethane or fluoropolymer jacket is optimised for mechanical and chemical resistance.
- Protection class: IP 66
- Dimensions: Sensor cable SD: 5.8 x 13.8 mm
Sensor cable HD: 4.9 x 13.5 mm
- Material: Sensor cable SD: Outer jacket of polyurethane, red
Sensor cable HD: Outer jacket of fluoropolymer, grey
- Installation: Mounting clamps (ideal mounting spacing 1 m)
for horizontal and vertical mounting on surface
- Sensitivity: +/- 0.05 °C
- Current: to 140 µA per sensor (typical)
- Connection: insulation displacement connection with standard tools, 8-pole connectors, grid spacing: 1.27 mm
- Sensor cable SD: -40 °C up to +85 °C,
- Sensor cable HD: -55 °C up to +125 °C