They withstand the thickest, most abrasive slurries and do not employ nuclear mechanisms or other hazardous technologies. Built into the slurry pipeline with an internal pipe diameter range of 2' to 60', our products also calculate mass flow when incorporated with a flow meter, and measure a considerably higher range of percent solids than existing industrial technology.
With the elimination of sample and lab testing, process automation and control have never been more achievable.
- Accuracy : 99.7% of full scale
- Repeatability : ±0.1% of full scale
- Linearity : ±0.018% of full scale
- Vibration Resistance : 10-55 Hz
- Specific Gravity Ranges : 0.50-3.00+
- Maximum Slurry Temperature : 80° F (27° C)
- Maximum Pressure : 90psi (6.2 bar) (Safety Factor 3.3)
- Minimum Temperature : 32° F (0° C)
- Sampling Rate : Up to 1000 times per second
- Storage Temperature : -40° to 175° F (-40° to 80°C)
- Environmental Protection : NEMA 4x and IP66
- Flanged Connections : ANSI #150 ff and ANSI #150 BIRF
- Standard Flow Tube Material : Internally reinforce flexible tan gum rubber, abrasion resistant liner
- Explosion Proof Option : UL and CSA Class 1, Division 2
- Laser Light Source : Class 2 (FDA (CDRH) Part 1040.10), Class 2 (IEC 60825-1)
- Trace-ability : NIST, ASTM, and OIML
- Materials : Housing: Aluminum cage with aluminum skin (powder coated); Wiring: IFC standards; Gaskets: ASTM compliant; Glass Housing: Borosilicate tempered glass; Pipe Supports: Carbon steel; Insulation: ASTM compliant
- The RM2 is specifically designed with the dredging industry in mind.
- The RM2 is a real time density meter equipped with an abrasion resistant liner that can withstand the harshest of slurries. The liner is designed to weather any kind of abrasion that may flow through it.
- The RM2 measures the mass flow of a system when used in conjunction with a flow meter. This mass flow measurement can be converted into a totalized mass which can be used to bill based on tonnage moved instead of by project.
- The RM2 Dredging Density Meter also comes in large diameters none of which use a nuclear source. The diameters range from 2” to 42” inner diameter.
- The RM2 is also equipped to be able to measure any percentage of solids to carrier fluid.
- The RM2 does not measure a small sample size flowing through the pipe. The entire volume is measured once per second.
- The RM2 features multiple compensation algorithms to account for errors attributed to temperature, pressure, vibration, tilt and roll.
- Overall: ± 0.25% of reading over 6:1 density range
- Digital Response Time: 50ms
- Measurement Time: 20 per second
- Internal Diameters: 2' - 60' (50 -1524 mm)
- Repeatability: ± 0.1% of full scale
- Linearity: ± 0.018% of full scale
- Pressure Coefficient: 0.1% / psi of full scale
- Slurry Temperature Coefficient: ±.3% / 10°C of full scale
- Calibration Standards: NIST, OIML, ASTM
- Maximum Working Temperature: 150°F (65°C)
- Maximum Pressure: Up to 600 psi (40 bar)
- [Safety Factor of 3]
- Flanged Connections: ASTM, DIN, or BS
- Environmental Protection: IP66/NEMA 4X
- Housing: Powder-Coated Aluminum Shell
- Insulation: Hi-Temp Fiberglass, ASTM Compliant
- Pipe Supports: Carbon Steel, 5/8' (16mm) bolts
- Gaskets: ASTM Compliant
- Wiring: IFC Standards
- Internal Laser Source: Class 2 (FDA (CDRH) Part 1040.10)
- Ambient Sensor Reading: 50 readings per second
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 175°F (-40° to 80°C)