REDWAVE - Model NIR - Optical Sorting Machine Capable of Recognising Materials
REDWAVE NIR is an optical sorting machine for the recognition of different plastic materials. The illumination unit and the sensors are located above the sorting belt.
- Sensor system: Near-infrared (NIR) Spectroscopy
- Sorting width: 1000 mm - 2800 mm
- Throughput rate: dependent on material and tasks
Detection of undesired materials (metals, wood, paper,...)
Separation of materials (ABS, PS, PC,...)
Shredded electrical appliances (toasters, cell phones, computers, washing machines, etc.)
- Metals and alloys
- Composite materials (circuit boards, etc.)
- Other materials
- Brominated plastics (BFR)
- Plastics with cadmium compounds
The trend for more and more electronics with an ever shorter life cycle continues to dominate. The processing of such appliances and machines can highly profitable. The recovery of precious metals and other types of metals and plastics (PCBs, etc.) are the main focus in sorting technology.