Renovogen - Customized Site-Specific Microbial Consortia
At the core of our service is the creation of customized site-specific microbial consortia. These microbial populations are processed in our laboratory using a proprietary identification, conditioning and culturing system. This unique system allows us to select, enhance and enrich those indigenous bacteria and fungi that have developed the ability to rapidly metabolize and degrade the target pollutant.
- Renovogen uses various bioremedial assays to evaluate a site's potential for effective bioremediation. These tests are performed prior to any activities to help us design the most effective remedial plan possible and to ensure the success of the project.
- Our identification system specifically isolates indigenous microbes that possess the capability to degrade the target pollutants - making our process adaptable to nearly all organic contaminants.
- The use of acclimated, non-pathogenic microbes helps to ensure a stable and viable microbial population throughout the remediation process, thus increasing degradation rates and decreasing project time and costs.
- By using microbial populations indigenous to the area, no foreign pathogens are introduced during the remedial process, minimizing the risk of further upsetting the natural ecological balance of the site and surrounding areas.
- Our microbial selection process facilitates the development of unique nutrient supplements that create optimum growth conditions for the microbial populations selected. Each nutrient supplement is specific to its respective project and consists of natural, environmentally safe components.
Renovogen’s process and products have proven to be effective, both ex-situ and in-situ, on a wide range of organic pollutants and have successfully been used in both soil and groundwater under a variety of environmental conditions. To date, our products have been used to remediate:
- Crude Oils
- Diesel Fuel
- JP-5 (Avcat, NATO F-44)
- Wastes derived from asphalt