RestoKrete - Model No. F-121 - Substrate Resurfacer
RestoKrete SubstrateResurfacer F-121 by Sauereisen is a high strength substrate repair material designed for an economical repair where deterioration is greater than small voids, bug holes and irregularities in concrete or brick substrates. F-121 repair material is designed as a water resistant barrier to aid in the prevention of inflow and infiltration. RestoKrete SubstrateResurfacer is Portland cement-based material used where the surface integrity needs to be restored. F-121 is proven in many types of brick and concrete structures in various industries, including wastewater environments.
- Bond strength by Slant Shear (ASTM C-882) : 2,200 psi (154.9 kg/cm2)
- Compressive strength (ASTM C-109):
- 24 hours : 3,900 psi (274.2 kg/cm2)
- 7 days : 5,000 psi (351.5 kg/cm2)
- 14 days : 5,500 psi (386.7 kg/cm2)
- 28 days : 7,000 psi (492.1 kg/cm2)
- Density (ASTM C-20) : 137 pcf (2.19 gm/cm3)
- Flexural strength (ASTM C-580) : 1,500 psi (105.5 kg/cm2)
- Freeze Thaw (ASTM C-666 Method A) : 100 cycles: Durability factor >78
- Mix ratio : 6.25 to 1, by weight
- Tensile strength (ASTM C-307) : 822 psi (57.78 kg/cm2)
Physical properties were determined on specimens prepared under laboratory conditions using applicable ASTM procedures. Actual field conditions may vary and yield different results; therefore, data is subject to reasonable deviation.
- Pumpable and sprayable.
- Moisture tolerant.
- Applied by spincast/spray.
- Safe to use, non-toxic.
Temperature of Working Area
- The substrate should be maintained at 50°F to 80°F for 48 hours prior to beginning work.
- At temperatures below 50°F, the application becomes more difficult and curing is retarded.
- Above 85°F, the material working time decreases. It is recommended that the material components be stored in a cooler area prior to mixing.
- When No. F-121 is applied on a vertical surface at a thickness greater than 1 inch it must be reinforced or anchored. 'T' type anchors or 2 inch x 2 inch mesh are suitable to secure the No. F-121 material.
- Consult Sauereisen for applications on overhead surfaces for recommendations on required thickness, reinforcement and anchoring systems.
Mixing should be done mechanically with a slow-speed mortar mixer or drill motor with a 'Jiffy' type mixing blade to obtain a uniform consistency. The mixing equipment must be clean and free of contaminants.
Sauereisen recommends that powder and water ratios are accurately weighed prior to mixing. For every 50 lb. bag of powder, the appropriate amount of water is 8 lbs. If water must be measured in the field by volume, the approximate amount per 50 lb. bag of powder is in the range of 0.962 gallons or 7.7 pints(124 ounces). The approximate mixing time for this mixture is 5 minutes.
Mix only as much RestoKrete™ SubstrateResurfacer No. F-121 material that can be applied in 15-20 minutes.
Do not retemper by adding more water and remixing. Material that has hardened due to delay in placing must be discarded.
When using a lightweight mobile rotor-stator pump, apply a uniform coat to a minimum thickness of 1/8 inch. The following equipment is typical for rotary sprayed applications of substrate resurfacing materials:
- Rotor/Stator Pump outfitted with an appropriate spincaster nozzle with internal air motor for rotary spray applications. For straight shot applications, use a pole gun with aluminum spray head.
- Moisture Separator for collecting condensation within air lines.
- Material Hose of 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 inch diameter and 15-feet length with internal expanded male ends and cam locks, with capacity of 300 psi required.
- Air Hose of ½-inch diameter and 50-feet length from compressor to wet spray nozzle. Specify 200 psi and 2 lug Chicago fittings.
- Air Hose of ½-inch diameter and 15-feet length from Moisture Separator to Spinning Nozzle Assembly. Specify 200 psi capacity with one end Chicago fitting and one end brass female swivel.
- Cam-Lock Couplings of 1-inch and ¾- inch diameter (2 sets each).
- 3/16 inch hardened steel tip
- Tip retainer nut
- Pole gun assembly
Other Outside Source Equipment
- 180 cfm Air Compressor
- 5500 watt Generator with 220 volt single-phase
If Sauereisen RestoKrete® SubstrateResurfacer No. F-121 is applied by trowel, finishing after material placement is recommended. In this case, apply a broom or brush finish to provide a more desirable bonding surface.
Such a surface texture is desired for spincast applications as well. Finish in a similar manner, if necessary. Take care not to disrupt the sprayed thickness.
When mixed at the proper ratio of powder and water, a bag of RestoKrete® SubstrateResurfacer No. F-121 will yield the following:
- 0.423 ft3 per bag.
- 40 ft2 per bag at 1/8-inch thickness.
- 20 ft2 per bag at ¼-inch thickness.
- 10 ft2 per bag at ½-inch thickness.
All equipment should be cleaned by scrubbing with a stiff brush and water at the end of each working period or when build-up becomes pronounced.
Proper curing of No. F-121 is critical to the serviceability of the completed structure. No. F-121 may be topcoated after its initial set in 8 hours at 70°F. Final set is achieved at 24 hours at 70°F.
RestoKrete™ F-121 must be properly cured in a high humidity environment (fog spray or equivalent). A Sauereisen curing compound may be utilized. If special condition exists, please consult Sauereisen's technical service department for additional information.
RestoKrete® No. F-121 is packaged in 50-pound moisture-resistant bags on plastic-wrapped pallets.
Sauereisen RestoKrete® SubstrateResurfacer No. F-121 has a shelf life of six (6) months when stored unopened in a dry location at 70°F. If there is a doubt as to the quality of the materials, consult a Sauereisen representative.
Consult Safety Data Sheets and container label Caution Statements for hazards in handling these materials.
Sauereisen, SewerGard®, ConoCrete™, RestoKrete®, ConoGlaze™, and FibreCrete™ are all products or services denoted with ™ or ®. These trademarks or registered trademarks of Sauereisen, Inc. Sauereisen trademarks may not be used in conjunction with any product or service that is not a Sauereisen product or service.