RoClean - Model P911 - High pH Powder Cleaner
From Cleaners - Powder
RoClean P911 powder is a multicomponent, high pH buffered cleaner formulated to remove particularly high levels of organics, including humic and fulvic acids from reverse osmosis (RO) membranes. This low foaming cleaner is effective against silt and organic foulants such as colloidal silica, clay, organic color and bioslime. RoClean P911 is temperature compensated to maintain optimum pH over a wide temperature range.
- A specialized blend of proprietary buffers and other components to dissolve organic foulants and disperse colloidal particles.
- Superior to generic solutions.
- Highly buffered to resist pH changes during the cleaning process.
- Compatible with polyamide membranes from all major manufacturers.
- Suitable for use with other Avista cleaners.
Below is a summary of the RoClean P911 cleaning procedure. For more detail, please refer to our technical bulletin, “Cleaning Spiral Wound Membrane Elements.”
1. Fill the cleaning tank to the desired volume with RO permeate or deionized water. Heat the solution to the maximum acceptable temperature (according to the membrane manufacturer’s guidelines), as this will dramatically increase cleaning efficiency. Add sufficient RoClean P911 to create a 4.5% wt/wt solution. Recirculate the solution through the cleaning tank to ensure adequate mixing.
2. Run the cleaning solution through each RO system stage, one at a time, for a minimum of 60 minutes at the flow rate recommended by the membrane manufacturer. If that rate is not known, use these guidelines:
3. If the membranes are heavily fouled and the recirculated cleaning solution becomes discolored or turbid, discard as much as 15% of the solution volume. Heavily fouled elements may also benefit from a soaking period (up to 8 hours).
4. Monitor the pH of the solution during the cleaning process. If the pH remains in the desired range and the solution is not turbid, it may be used to clean subsequent stages. In the unlikely event that the pH falls, prepare a new batch and repeat steps 1-4.
5. When cleaning is complete, rinse the membranes by flushing RO permeate through each pressure vessel. The system can then be returned to service.
- Appearance: White powder
- pH (4.5% solution): 11.5-12.8