ROTARIA - Liquid Feed Systems
ROTARIA produces feeding systems that have an outstanding record of durability and reliability. The bottom of the feeding system is made of coated, pre-fabricated concrete parts with the feed container sitting on top. The container walls are made of wood, reinforced with steel trusses. The concrete bottom is very rigid while the wooden top has a very good resistance against the acids contained in the input materials. Should the wood be damaged, it is easy to exchange. A driving rod system transports the input materials inside the container to the feeding system. There, the input materials are dosed into a passing digestate stream by an auger. The digestate stream is pumped from a digester through the feed unit and a digestate heat exchanger back into the digester unit. The feeding system is available in sizes ranging from 50 to 120 m³.
Advantages of liquid feeding:
- Good heat distribution.
- Input materials and digestate are reliably mixed before entering the digester.
- Input materials are heated evenly.
- Intense contact between microorganisms and input materials.
- Uniform distribution of input material in the digester.
- Any amount of digesters can be fed.