RSBP - Model B-Flap I - Back Pressure Flap
RSBP back flap is an economical solution of protection against explosion propagation into an inlet pipe. During normal operation the back flap is open by flow of air; in case of an explosion this flap closes by a pressure wave, and thus prevents propagation of the explosion to other equipment or production technology. B-FLAP I is a mechanical device designed to prevent propagation of flame and pressure between pieces of technology equipment during explosion. B-FLAP I is, together with other safety measures, a part of a system that protects technologies intended for operation in an explosion danger environment. Economical solution of protection against propagation of explosion to pipes is the B-FLAP I back flap.
- Wide variety of sizes from DN 100 to DN 800
- Mechanical device that does not need electrical energy or activation system
- Low pressure losses
- High pressure resistance
- Optional position indicator
- Optional signalization of dirt on flap seating surface
- Simple installation, inspections and maintenance
- Low maintenance costs
- Mechanical shut-down when the flap closes
- Suitable for technologies working with light metal dust
- Possibility of complementing with the mechanism RPD (Reducer of Pressure Drop)
Equipment Suitable for Explosion Isolation in Pipe of:
- Spray driers
In normal operation, the back pressure flap is open due to the flow of air volume inside the piping, or it is kept in the open state by the mechanism RPD which ensures opening the flap independently of the air volume flow. This solution reduces pressure loss in the piping system significantly.
In the case of explosion, the back flap is closed and locked, thus preventing the spread of the explosion to other parts of the equipment or production technology.
- Construction steel
- Stainless steel
- Komaxit (RAL 3000 - red)