Model Rt-Alumina BOND/CFC - Fused Silica Plot Columns
From PLOT Columns
Improved inertness for chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)-type compounds. Highly selective alumina-based column, separates most CFCs. High retention and capacity for CFCs.
- Highly selective for C1-C5 hydrocarbons; separates all unsaturated hydrocarbon isomers above ambient temperatures.
- Reactivity of aluminum oxide stationary phase is minimized so that column response for polar unsaturates, such as dienes, is optimized. Column sensitivity or response ensures a linear and quantitative chromatographic analysis for these compounds.
- Strong bonding prevents particle generation. The column can be used in valve switching operations, without release of particles that can harm the injection and detection systems.
- Rt®-Alumina BOND columns are stable up to 200 °C (250 °C for BOND/MAPD columns). If water is adsorbed on the column, it can be regenerated by conditioning at the column's maximum temperature. Full efficiency and selectivity will be restored.High sample capacity gives exceptionally symmetric peaks; ideal for volatile hydrocarbon separations at percent levels, as well as impurity analyses at ppm concentrations.
Each Rt®-Alumina BOND column is tested with a hydrocarbon test mix to ensure proper phase thickness and selectivity. 1,3-Butadiene is used to calculate k (capacity factor), which is a measure of phase thickness. Selectivity is measured using retention indices for propadiene and methyl acetylene. The resolution of trans-2-butene and 1-butene is also verified. To measure coating efficiency, plates per meter are checked using 1,3-butadiene. Extensive testing assures reproducible retention times and predictable flow behavior column-to-column.
- Improved inertness for chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)-type compounds.
- Highly selective alumina-based column, separates most CFCs.
- High retention and capacity for CFCs.
The alumina adsorbent is ideal for retaining halogenated compounds, especially CFCs (chlorinated flourocarbons) like Freon® products. It offers high selectivity, allowing a wide range of CFC isomers to be resolved at above ambient temperatures. The Rt®-Alumina BOND/CFC column is thoroughly deactivated to reduce the reactivity of alumina. Even though there is still some residual reactivity for some mono- or di-substituted CFCs, the majority of these compounds can be accurately quantified from main stream processes or in impurity analyses.