RYDALL - Model OE - Odor Eliminator
RYDALL OE Odor Eliminator is a unique, environmentally beneficial biocatalyst containing a complex mixture of natural nutrients, vitamins, and trace elements specifically designed to eliminate industrial odors and corrosion problems without the need for hazardous chemicals or masking fragrances. RYDALL OE is highly versatile and effective, offering you a comprehensive, liquid- or vapor-phase odor solution.
RYDALL OE is a technologically advanced product that is natural in origin, safe to handle and organically biodegradable in application. Unlike chemical masking agents, RYDALL OE eradicates odor-causing compounds by disallowing the formation of foul substances such as hydrogen sulfide (H2S), ammonia (NH3), mercaptan (CH4S), and skatole (C9H9N). The biodegradable RYDALL OE contains no bacteria and is non-toxic to humans, animals, fish and plants. There are also no fumes or irritating vapors, making it safe to handle even at high concentration. It is also non-flammable and non-corrosive to metals, concrete and plastics making it ideal for a vast array of applications including landfills, sludge treatments, composting operations, scrubber systems and solids handling facilities.
RYDALL OE comes in a variety of containers sizes…
- 4-gallon Case (1 gal. container x 4)
- 5-gallon Jug
- 55-gallon Drum
- 330-gallon Tote
A specialty cheese manufacturer in Wisconsin had an ongoing odor problem since installing a wastewater treatment system, which includes a 4,000-gallon wastewater sludge tank. The primary odor problem was coming from the sludge tank, which was pumped out and taken off-site about once a week.
The odor emanating from the wastewater process was a source of complaints from neighboring facilities and businesses, as well as from the town's police headquarters five miles away!
RYDALL OE approach
- 12 ounces of RYDALL OE per day, dispensed 1 ounce per hour over a 12 hour work day.
- Injected via small metering pump into waste stream prior to sludge tank at 100 ppm.
RYDALL OE results
- Strong, pungent odor from wastewater process was almost completely eliminated after just TWO DAYS!
- Injecting RYDALL OE prior to reaching the tank allowed it to properly mix, as well as have some retention time.
- Plant Manager stated, 'We've had no phone calls from the police or fire department, and none of our neighbors have complained since using RYDALL OE. We are very pleased with the result and will continue to use the product to control odor.'
- With such a positive result from the sludge portion of the wastewater process, the plant is now evaluating the use of RYDALL OE to help control an issue they have with high BOD's in the main waste stream. They have a daily BOD limit of 1000 mg/L that is frequently surpassed.
A 6,000-gallon capacity grease interceptor, which serves four surrounding restaurants, was producing 6 to 8 inches of FOG (fats, oil and grease) sludge every month. In turn, the grease interceptor had to be pumped out every month adding to the operating costs of each of the participating restaurants. Additionally, the sludge created a horrendous odor within a 20-foot radius of the manhole cover, making it unpleasant for patrons and in some cases, deterring potential patrons.
RYDALL OE approach
- Began with 5 gallons of RYDALL OE every 10 days, metered into the system daily with a peristaltic pump during business hours.
- After the correction, daily metering was scaled back and only 5 gallons were needed every 30 days.
RYDALL OE results
- After the first 10 days of treatment, odors could not be detected until the manhole cover was removed!
- After 30 days, the odor was completely eliminated!
- After 30 days, the amount of FOG was reduced to approximately 3 inches. This resulted in a 65% reduction in sludge and in turn, will reduce the frequency of pumps outs of the grease interceptor!