From Refuge Shelters
The “Safe Air” System delivers up to 1,250 CFM of air down a borehole to either Built In Place Shelters or Mobile Refuge Shelters and provides enough air for up to 100 miners
The “Safe Air” System is available in (2) different configurations
- Diesel driven –
- blower delivers 1,250 CFM of air down boreholes from 6” – 10” in diameter
- Electrical driven-
- Allows for dehumidification, cooling & heating of up to 1,250 CFM of air
- The “Safe Air” unit can be connected via a borehole to a Built In Place Refuge Alternative in which the air is either relieved into the mine entry or discharged back up a 2nd borehole.
- Mobile refuge alternatives may be connected to a borehole and receive air from the “Safe Air” unit.
Heat and humidity problems associated with refuge alternatives are no longer a problem
- At 12.5 CFM per person an air lock may not be needed
- CO2 scrubbing is not required
- No high pressure oxygen or air bottles are needed
- Food and water are the only supplies replaced at 5 year intervals