Sauereisen SewerGard - Model 210XHB - Chemical-resistant Barrier For Municipal Wastewater Environments
Sauereisen SewerGard 210XHB is a protective lining specifically formulated for municipal wastewater environments. SewerGard 210XHB provides a chemical-resistant barrier for concrete, masonry, brick, and steel substrates. As a 100% solids epoxy polymer, 210XHB is specified to protect infrastructure throughout the wastewater industry. SewerGard 210XHB is a fast-setting, high-strength lining that enables high-build capabilities. Applications range from manholes and lift stations within the collection systems to tankage, structural steel, digesters, clarifiers, and secondary containment at treatment plants. Installation of SewerGard 210XHB is completed using plural-component spray equipment.
- Can be applied to surface-saturated dry concrete (SSD).
- Color: SewerGard® Beige for greater light reflection.
- Cured lining will prevent inflow & infiltration.
- High-strength 16,000 psi.
- Resistant to hydrogen sulfide, sulfuric acid, MIC and treatment chemicals.
- Smooth finish - aids wash down and prevents debris accumulation.
- Installed thickness up to 300 mils in a single coat.
- User friendly by plural component spray equipment.
- Zero VOCs, 100% solids.
Temperature of Working Area
The substrate temperature must be at least 5°F above the dew point.
At temperatures below 60°F, curing is prolonged.
Application in direct sunlight and rising surface temperature may result in blistering of the materials due to expansion of entrapped air or moisture in the substrate. If temperatures are rising, it may be necessary to postpone the application
and apply during cooler hours. It may be necessary to utilitize a primer to mitigate offgassing.
Metal - Abrasive blast to a minimum 2.5 mil profile employing SSPC-SP5/NACE 1 White Metal Blast for immersion and SSPC-SP10/NACE 2, Near White Metal Blast for other service conditions.
All welds must be continuous, free of flux and have a smooth rounded radius without any sharp edges or ground flat in
accordance with SSPC/NACE Standard Practices.
Concrete - Refer to SSPC-SP13/NACE 6 'Surface Preparation of Concrete' guidelines. Surface should be profiled to
an ICRI CSP 4-6 per ICRI 310.2.
For All Concrete Surfaces
Surfaces should be made free of oil, grease, and other contaminants that may inhibit bond. This can be achieved by chemical cleaning. Abrasive blast or high-pressure water blast concrete to remove laitance and obtain uniform surface texture exposing fine aggregate. Restore the substrate as needed to provide an appropriate specified surface profile.
New & Old Concrete - Surface should be floated free of ridges or depressions and all voids shall be filled with an appropriate Sauereisen RestoKrete® underlayment product. Mechanical methods should be utilized to remove old paints, protective coatings, and deteriorated concrete. The choice of underlayment will depend on the conditions of the concrete. Stop active water leaks with Sauereisen Insta-Plug™F-180 or Hydroactive Urethane Grout F-370 prior to the coating installation. To assure material compatability, all voids should be filled with Sauereisen RestoKrete® Substrate-Resurfacer F-121, Sauereisen RestoKrete® Epoxy Modified Cement Mortar 208 or RestoKrete® Filler Compound 209.
Consult Sauereisen for proper substrate restoration materials recommendation.
Do not add any solvent, additive, or adulterant to any component or mixed material
Application Only by Plural Component:
Premix Hardener Part A and Resin Part B separately for 2 minutes, before using.
Plural Component Spray Applications:
Mix Ratio (By Volume)
1 Part A-(Hardener) : 3 Parts B-(Resin).
Recommended equipment for plural component spray of Sauereisen SewerGard® 210XHB include variable ratio pumps or fixed ratio pumps 3:1, with recirculation and heating capabilities. It may be necessary
to utilize heated hose lines and hoppers.
Heating the resin and hardener to the following temperature is required.
Part A (Hardener) - 120-130°F
Part B (Resin) - 120-130°F
Please consult Sauereisen for information and equipment required for spraying via plural component.
- Water Trap: - must be placed on the air line at least 50' from the air compressor.
- Gun - Graco XTR-7 or equivalent.
- Gun tip - Use Tip Housing Part No. XHD- 001 with Graco Reversa Tips MDL No. XHD with orifices of 0.019- to 0.025-inch tip works best. Alternative brand tips may be suitable.
- Static mixers - two static mixers should be used, one 12' static mixer (24 turn) directly attached to the mixing block and a second 6' static mixer between the material hose and the whip.
- Material hose - 6' whip end, 1/4' i.d.; working pressure 5,000 psi, 16,000 psi burst.
- Material hose - 0-50' overall, 3/8' i.d.; working pressure 4,000 psi, 16,000 psi burst.
- Air compressor - 180 ft3 per minute at 100 psi, minimum.
SauereisenSewerGard® 210XHB is a 100% solids epoxy with zero shrinkage. The dry film thickness (DFT) is expected to be the same as the wet film thickness (WFT). The recommended thickness is up to 300 mils in a single coat. Greater thickness can be achieved by additional coats within 24 hours.
Note: The application thickness and the number of coats required to achieve the specified thickness may
vary with surface conditions, application method, application equipment and exposure. Consult Sauereisen
Depending on type of application equipment, SewerGard® 210XHB can be applied up to 300 mils per coat.
- 12.8ft2 per gallon at 125 mils
- 6.4 ft2 per gallon at 250 mils
Coverage is theoretical and will vary depending upon surface conditions, porosity, application techniques and specific
Working Time: In the event of a work stoppage , equipment (including hoses, mixing block, spraygun and other components) containing mixed material should be thoroughly flushed with solvent within 10 minutes.
Re-Coat Time: Up to 24 hours @ 70°F
Chemical Exposure: 17 hours @ 70°F
After 210XHB has sufficiently cured, a holiday detector should be utilized to ensure a continuous pinhole-free lining.
Consult a Sauereisen representative for details.
Sauereisen SewerGard® 210XHB has a shelf life of one year. Store in unopened, tightly sealed containers in a dry location at 70°F. Avoid freezing. If there is doubt as to the condition of the materials, consult a Sauereisen representative.
Sauereisen SewerGard® 210XHB is packaged in 15-Gallon (Large) units and 200 Gallon (Bulk) Units.
Large Unit: = 15 gallons
Part A - Hardener is packaged in a plastic pail.
Part B - Resin is packaged in three (3) plastic pails.
Bulk Unit = 200 Gallons
Part A - Hardener is packaged in a metal drum
Part B - Resin is packaged in 3 metal drums.
* Materials are packaged by weight
All equipment should be cleaned with MEK or equivalent before material cures.
Consult Safety Data Sheets and container label Caution Statements for hazards in handling these materials.
- Adhesion (ASTM D4541) : Concrete Failure
- Bond strength to concrete (ASTM D7234) : Concrete Failure
- Compressive strength (ASTM D695) : 16,000 psi
- Components : 2 parts
- Flexural Strength (ASTM D790) @ 28 days : 8,000 psi (562.4 kg/cm2)
- Max.service temperature (Dry) : 150ºF (65ºC)
- Mix Ratio (By Volume) : 1 Part A-(Hardener) : 3 Parts B-(Resin)
- Modulus of elasticity (ASTM D790) : 7 x 106 psi
- Permeability (ASTM E96) : 8.06 x 10-9(g/m.s.Pa)
- Shore D (ASTM D2240): 89
- Tensile Strength (ASTM D638) : 4,500 psi