Sauereisen SewerGard - Model No. 210S - Spray Applied Polymer Lining for Municipal Wastewater
Sauereisen SewerGard No. 210S is a fiber-filled, spray-applied lining specifically designed to protect concrete and steel surfaces of municipal wastewater treatment structures from chemical attack and physical abuse. No. 210S's application properties permit economical protection of new and rehabilitated substrates. When cured, No. 210S provides an impermeable, high-strength, corrosion resistant lining for manholes, lift stations, grit chambers, aeration basins and related structures subject to infiltration and attack from hydrogen sulfide and acid generated by microbiological sources.
- Abrasion resistance (ASTM D-4060, Tabor Abrader C-17 wheel, 1,000 gram load, 1,000 cycles) : 49 mg. average weight loss
- Application time (ASTM C-308 modified) Working time at 70°F ; 45 minutes
- Application time (ASTM C-308 modified) - Working time at 70°F : 30 minutes
- Bond strength to concrete (ASTM D-4541) : Concrete failure
- Coefficient of thermal expansion (ASTM C-531) : 3.8 x 10-5/F° (2.1 x 10-5/C°)
- Components : 2 part
- Compressive strength (ASTM C-579) : 6,800 psi (478 kg/cm2)
- Density (ASTM C-905) : 77 pcf (1.23 gm/cm3)
- Elongation : 1.27%
- Flexural strength (ASTM C-580) : 4,600 psi (323 kg/cm2)
- Fracture toughness : 100 in-lb/cu. in.
- Maximum service temperature : 150°F (65°C)
- Modulus of elasticity (ASTM C-580) : 3.3 x 105 psi (2.3 x 104 kg/cm2)
- Moisture absorption (ASTM C-413) : 0.2%
- Permeability (ASTM D1653) : 3.05 x 10-1 Perm-inch (4.43 x 10-10 g/m.s.Pa)
- Shrinkage (ASTM C-531) : 0.11%
- Tensile modulus : 42,000 psi (295 kg/cm2)
- Tensile strength (ASTM C-307) : 2,500 psi (176 kg/cm2)
- Thickness : 60 mils (1.52 mm)
Physical properties were determined on specimens prepared under laboratory conditions using applicable ASTM procedures. Actual field conditions may vary and yield different results; therefore, data is subject to reasonable deviation.
- Resistant to corrosive conditions common to municipal wastewater treatment industry.
- Suitable for application over damp or dry concrete surfaces.
- Spray applied... ideal for new construction.
- Prohibits water infiltration.
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance
- Zero VOC’s - 100% Solids
Temperature of Working Area
- Maintain a temperature of 65o-85oF on air, substrate, Liquid, and Hardener components during mixing, application and cure.
- The monolithic components and substrate should be maintained at 65oF to 80oF for 48 hours prior to beginning work.
- At temperatures below 65oF, the application becomes more difficult and curing is retarded.
- Above 85oF, the material working time decreases. It is recommended that the material components be stored in a cooler area prior to mixing.
Application in direct sunlight and rising surface temperature may result in blistering of the materials due to expansion of entrapped air or moisture in the substrate. In rising temperatures it may be necessary to postpone the application or apply during cooler hours.
Surfaces should be made free of oil, grease, water, and other contaminants that may inhibit bond. This can be achieved by chemical cleaning.
Concrete - Refer to SSPC-SP13/NACE 6 'Surface Preparation of Concrete' for detailed guidelines.
New Concrete - All structures must be properly designed and capable of withstanding imposed loads. Abrasive blast, high-pressure water blast, or acid etch concrete to remove laitance and obtain uniform surface texture.
Old Concrete - Concrete must be firm and structurally sound as specified by the architect/engineer.
Abrasive blast, high-pressure water blast, or acid etch concrete to remove laitance and obtain uniform sound substrate.
Substrate surfaces requiring repairs in excess of 1/8 inch depth should be resur faced with Sauereisen RestoKrete Underlayment No. F-120 to ensure proper rehabilitation of the substrate.
Brick - Abrasive blast or high-pressure water blast all foreign particles and attacked or unsound mortar from the joints. Loose brickwork should be regrouted with appropriate Sauereisen mortar to ensure structural integrity of the manhole.
All active hydrostatic leaks must be repaired with either Sauereisen InstaPlugTM No. F-180 or Hydroactive Polyurethane Grout No. F-370 prior to SewerGard No. 210S application.
If abrasive or high-pressure water blasting is used as the method of surface preparation, all sand and/or debris must be removed by thoroughly vacuuming the area with an industrial vacuum cleaner. If surface does not have desired conditions, repeat surface preparation procedure.
Metal - Abrasive blast to a nominal 2.5 mil profile employing SSPC-SP5 White Metal Blast for immersion and SSPCSP10 for other service conditions. All welds must be continuous, free of flux and have a smooth rounded radius without any sharp edges.
Remix contents of Liquid component for a minimum of 2 minutes with a slow speed paddle or 'Jiffy' mixer. Remix contents of the Hardener by shaking then add to Liquid and mix for a minimum of 3 minutes until thoroughly blended. Mix only complete batches. Material which has begun to set must be discarded. Do not try to retemper the material.
The following equipment is typically used for spray application:
Airless Spray Pumps - SewerGard® No. 210S may be sprayed with a minimum 56:1 piston-primed, airless pump such as the model formerly manufactured by Graco. Alternative equipment such as the Graco 56:1 King Piston Primed Airless, Model 236-477 is also suitable. he current specification is the Graco Xtreme Sprayer X60 - MDL#X60-DH4. Remove all filters including the filter from surge tank. Other pumps may be suitable, depending on job site requirements.
Moisture Air Dryer - RFI Model DA-300 or equivalent. Moisture air dryer must be placed at least 50 ' from air compressor on air line.
Gun - The Graco Flo-Gun Model 224-991 is recommended.
Gun tip - For fiber filled materials, use Tip Housing Part No. XHD-001 with Graco Reversa Tips MDL No. XHD with orifices of 0.039 to 0.043 inches. Alternative brand tips may be suitable, however, never use tips that contain a diffuser pin.
Material hoses –
6' whip end, 3/8' i.d.; working pressure 5,000 psi, 16,000 psi burst.
0-25' overall, 1/2' i.d.; working pressure 4,000 psi, 16,000 psi burst.
25-75' overall, 3/4' i.d.; working pressure 4,000 psi, 12,000 psi burst.
Air compressor - 180 ft3 per minute at 100 psi, minimum.
Air hose from compressor - 3/4' to 1' i.d.: 100' maximum length to mastic pump.
To prevent sagging on vertical surfaces, the required coverage should be applied in a single coat of 60 mils. Application should be done with a 50% overlap in a 'cross hatch' pattern to reduce the possibility of pinholes and to assure complete coverage.
After No. 210S has sufficiently cured, a holiday detector should be utilized to ensure a continuous pinhole-free lining. A Sauereisen SewerGard® Patch Kit may be used to conveniently repair any pinholes. Consult a Sauereisen representative for details.
SewerGard® No. 210S may be topcoated with SewerGard® No. 210G within 24 hours.