Schneider - Model FC700 - Fume Hood Controllers
Microcontroller-controlled system for regulating and monitoring the exhaust air volume flow or the air inflow speed of fume cupboards depending on the sash and cross sash position. Simple networking via IP using BACnet or Modbus is possible via the existing dual port switch. Depending on the expansion stage and the degree of utilization, different operating modes (e.g. fully variable, air inflow speed, distance sensor) of the fume cupboard control can be implemented. The integrated function monitoring according to DIN EN 14175 offers maximum safety for the laboratory staff. If there is a deviation from the exhaust air setpoint to be regulated, an acoustic and visual alarm is issued.
- Modular, variable control system for laboratory fume cupboards
- Integrated power supply 230 V AC
- System data stored in a non-volatile manner
- Integrated web server
- Simple Ethernet networking with a dual-port switch
- Modular expansion through plug-in boards
- Parameterization and retrieval of all system values via the PRO7000 software
- Up to three position-independent differential pressure sensors, freely configurable for exhaust air, supply air or support jet
- Linear displacement sensor for stable and interference-free measurement of the vertical sash position
- Air flow sensor for measuring the air flow velocity
- Standard diameter DN 250, installation length only 250 mm for the short version, 400 mm for the standard version
- Function monitoring of safe operation according to DIN EN 14175 with acoustic and optical alarms
- Integrated monitoring and control of the optional support beam on the fume cupboard
- Fast, predictive and adaptive control algorithm
- Regulation time of the volume flow ≤ 3 s (Vmin → Vmax)
- Closed loop control
- Internal plausibility monitoring of the sensors
- Emergency operation = Vovr and night reduction = Vred
- Optical and optionally acoustic warning message for the operating state “Front sash position> 50 cm” open
- Integrated, native BACnet (IP or MS / TP)
- Modbus (TCP or RTU)
- Suitable for all types of fume cupboard
- Temperature measurement in the fume hood according to DIN EN 14175-7
To calculate the exhaust air volume flow to be regulated, the sash position is determined from the vertical (distance sensor) and horizontal adjustment (air flow sensor). The calculated sash position serves as a reference variable and setpoint specification for the volume flow to be regulated. A fast control algorithm constantly compares the setpoint with the measured actual value of a position-independent differential pressure sensor and regulates the exhaust air volume flow quickly, precisely and stably, regardless of pressure fluctuations in the duct network.
The leading exhaust air requirement developed by SCHNEIDER is calculated immediately and is immediately available as a setpoint. This significantly improves the control time of the room air control (e.g. VAV supply air volume flow controller from SCHNEIDER).
The connection of a temperature sensor allows the temperature to be measured in the fume cupboard. This means that the air volume can be increased as required in accordance with DIN EN 14175-7 and / or an alarm can be triggered.
The support beam technology on the fume cupboard is supported by the optional, integrated, self-sufficient monitoring and control of the optional support beam.
- Standard laboratory
- Training laboratory
- Clean room
- Nuclide laboratory
- Animal laboratory
- GMP area