Schneider - Model FM100-EX - Fume Hood Monitor
The fume hood monitor FM100-EX has been developed for ventilation systems in Ex-endangered areas according to ATEX and can be used for group II, zones 1, 2, 21 and 22. Function monitoring in accordance with DIN EN 14175 offers maximum safety for laboratory staff. If the exhaust air setpoint to be regulated is not reached, an acoustic and visual alarm is given. The FM100-EX is suitable for all types of fume cupboard and suction units. The fume hood monitor FM100-EX is installed outside the Ex area in its own control cabinet.
- Laboratory fume cupboard monitoring for the hazardous area
- Suitable for zones 1, 2, 21 and 22
- Integrated power supply 230 V AC
- System data stored in a non-volatile manner
- Separate terminal board for clear laying of the cables and quick commissioning
- Parameterization and retrieval of all system values using the PC2500 software
- Position-independent differential pressure transmitter according to ATEX with EC type examination certificate, ± 250 Pa with high long-term stability for measuring the actual exhaust air value
- (volume flow)
- Measuring unit in stainless steel (V4A) or optionally PPs-EL, DN250, length only 500 mm
- Function monitoring in the surface-mounted housing according to ATEX with EC type test certificate for monitoring the safe fume cupboard operation according to DIN EN 14175 with acoustic and visual alarms
- Fast, predictive and adaptive control algorithm
- Closed loop control
- Suitable for all types of fume cupboard
The monitoring device for the ventilation function of the fume cupboard offers maximum safety for the operating personnel. The monitoring value can be freely parameterized. If the monitoring value is not reached, an acoustic and optical alarm is given.
The fume hood monitor FM100-EX consists of the electronics in a sheet steel housing, a measuring nozzle made of stainless steel V4A or PPs-El (electrically conductive), a pressure transmitter and a terminal box. The explosion-proof function display is equipped with a green and a red LED as well as a buzzer and an acknowledgment button. It may be installed directly on the fume cupboard in the Ex area.
The FM100-EX monitoring system is supplied together with all components (power supply unit, barriers, relays, etc.) in its own switch box and must be installed outside of the Ex area in a safe area.