Schneider - Model FM100 - Fume Cupboard Monitoring System
The fume cupboard monitoring system FM100 is used as a monitoring and alarm system for exhaust air volume flows in various applications such as fume cupboards, safety cabinets and other suction units.It fulfills the DIN EN 14175 standard. That means safety for the laboratory technician. The fume hood monitoring is suitable for all types of fume hoods, which means that new installations and retrofitting of existing fume cupboards can be easily implemented.
- Microcontroller controlled laboratory fume cupboard monitoring
- Integrated power supply 230 V AC
- All system data are saved in the EEPROM in a non-volatile manner
- Parameterization and retrieval of all system values using the PC2500 software
- Differential pressure sensor with long-term stability
- Measuring range: 6 to 240 Pa or 20 to 640 Pa
- Monitoring of the fume hood operation according to DIN EN 14175 with acoustic and visual alarms
- Optional monitoring of exceeding a parameterizable volume flow Vmax with optical warning message
- Optical and optionally acoustic warning message for the operating status 'Sash position> 50 cm open'
- Parameterization of a second monitoring value Vred (reduced volume flow during night operation)
- Emergency power accumulator (optional) for operation protected against power failure
- Suitable for all types of fume cupboard
The FM100 microcontroller-controlled fume cupboard monitor is used to monitor the escape-proof operating status of fume cupboards. An acoustic and visual alarm is activated as soon as the exhaust air volume flow falls below or exceeds the parameterizable limit values.
A suitable measuring system is essential for precise and safe monitoring. For safe operation and reproducible and accurate measurement results, we recommend the Venturi measuring device or the measuring stick from SCHNEIDER.
Every fume cupboard monitoring system has a function display that is built into the pilaster strip on the side of the fume cupboard. This serves to show the correct functioning of the fume cupboard and the interaction with the user.
You will find an overview of the available function displays in the document 'Technical data sheet function displays'.