Schneider - Model FM500 - Laboratory Fume Cupboard Monitoring System
The fume cupboard monitoring FM500 is used as a monitoring and alarm system for exhaust air volume flows in various applications, such as fume cupboards, safety cabinets and other suction units. It fulfills the DIN EN 14175 standard. That means safety for the laboratory technician. The fume hood monitoring is suitable for all types of fume hoods, which means that new installations and retrofitting of existing fume cupboards can be easily implemented.
- Microcontroller controlled laboratory fume cupboard monitoring system
- Own integrated power supply 230 V AC
- All system data are saved in the EEPROM in a non-volatile manner
- Separate terminal board for clear and quick laying of the cables
- Pluggable main board for easy commissioning
- Parameterization and retrieval of all system values using the PC2500 software
- Monitoring of supply air and exhaust air systems
- Differential pressure sensor with long-term stability. Measuring range: 6 to 240 Pascal or 20 to 640 Pascal.
- Monitoring of the fume hood operation according to DIN EN 14175 with acoustic and visual alarms
- Optional monitoring for exceeding a parameterizable volume flow with optical warning message
- Optical and optionally acoustic warning message for the operating status “Front sash> 50cm” open
- Optional monitoring of a support jet fan
- Parameterization of a second monitoring value (reduced volume flow / night operation)
- Emergency power accumulator (optional) for operation protected against power failure
- Suitable for all types of fume cupboard
The FM500 fume cupboard monitor meets the DIN EN 14175 standard. That means safety for the laboratory technician.
The FM500 is suitable for all types of fume cupboard, which means that new installations and retrofitting of existing fume cupboards can be easily implemented. In addition to customer-specific versions, there is an extensive selection of different function displays available (see data sheet function displays).
A suitable measuring system is essential for precise and safe monitoring. For safe operation with the position-independent differential pressure sensor, as well as reproducible and accurate measurement results, we therefore recommend the Venturi measuring nozzle or the measuring stick from SCHNEIDER.