Scintrex - Model MGS-6 Series - Marine Gravity System
From Gravity Meters
The Micro-g LaCoste Marine Gravity System-6 (MGS-6) is the next generation in a long line of LaCoste-based dynamic gravity systems, stretching back to the first successful dynamic gravity meter tests on ships more than 50 years ago. The MGS-6 is more than a simple upgrade to the Air-Sea System II (AS-2). The MGS-6 is based on the smaller, lighter, more power-efficient TAGS-6 (airborne) platform, and employs the same full-force feedback sensor. In both systems, the platform control and data acquisition system have been overhauled, resulting in unparalleled data quality. A Marine Gravity Processing Software APP powered by INTREPID for near-real time data reduction & QC Processing to fully corrected Free Air grids.
- Smaller sensor/gimbal (60%).
- Lighter sensor/gimbal (30%).
- New slip ring technology on the gimbal makes for a more robust and reliable stable platform.
- Larger pitch (25° vs.22°) and larger Roll(35° vs.25°) ranges.
- Full feedback: ± 500,000 milliGal range on beam.
- 100 times the dynamic acceleration range.
- Double oven temperature control.
- Temperature controlled electronics.
- Separate, rack-mountable electronic unit and computer allow for more flexibility in configuration.
- Lockable gimbal.
- System ships with gimbal installed in frame.
- Static repeatability improved (0.02 vs. 0.05 milliGal).
- Reduced power requirements (75 vs. 240W ).
- Greatly reduced frame size: 48 % smaller (59x 53x 56cm vs.71x 56x 84cm).
- Greatly reduced weight (101 kg vs. 121 kg, including UPS and electronics).