Scintrex - Model TAGS-6 Series - Dynamic Gravity Meter
TAGS-6 (click on the above image for a detailed view) represents the latest development in a long line of LaCoste-based airborne gravity systems, stretching back to the first successful airborne gravity flights in 1958 and building on the success of the TAGS System. For over 50 years, LaCoste gravimeters have acquired hundreds of thousands of line kilometers of gravity data during academic, government, and commercial surveys. TAGS-6 blends the latest in GPS and data acquisition technology with the solid foundation of the LaCoste dynamic gravimeter.
TAGS-6 is an upgrade to the TAGS/Air III gravity meter, and is designed specifically for airborne operations. The system incorporates a time-tested, low-drift, zero-length-spring gravity sensor mounted on a gyro-stabilized gimbal platform. The sensor has a worldwide gravity measuring range (no reset necessary) of 500,000 milliGals.
- Smaller sensor/gimbal (60%).
- Lighter sensor/gimbal (30%).
- New slip ring technology on the gimbal makes for a more robust and reliable stable platform.
- 20 Hz GPS and gravity data: Better GPS and gravity timing
- Larger range of aircraft pitch and roll.
- Full feedback 500,000 milliGal range on beam: more robust in turbulence.
- Double oven temperature control.
- Temperature controlled electronics.
- Microprocessor control.
- Separate, rack-mountable electronic unit and computer allow for more flexibility in configuration.
- Lockable gimbal