From Screening Equipment
The mechanical vertical bar screen Screentec can be installed in many applications including Headworks, Lift Stations, Deep Wells and Manholes. Due to its vertical design, Screentec can retrofit any kind of structure with minimal or no changes.
The Pump Station Bar Screen
- Protects pumps from sewer debris
- Fits narrow/deep pump spaces
- Needs minimal maintenance
Screentec is The Automatic Vertical Bar Screen for Headworks, Pump Stations, Lift Stations, Wet Wells and Manholes. It protects pumps from rags, wipes, plastics and other solids. Screentec will prevent pumps from clogging up, extend their life cycle and improve quality of wastewater treatment. Thanks to its vertical bar screen design, Screentec fits into narrow and deep structures, avoiding costly structural changes. Screentec does not have any moving parts under grade level, providing easy and safe maintenance for the operational staff.
- A rake, set up on a sturdy belt, moves downward following two guide rails on each side of the frame.
- The rake collects all the material trapped by the bar screen.
- The rake travels upward, lifting up all the collected material.
- Collected material can be ejected into a washer/compactor, such as Compactec, or directly into a dumpster.
1. Vertical Design.
With a 90° installation angle, Screentec can fit any wastewater structure, up to 50' deep.
2. Minimal & Easy Maintenance.
Screentec does not have moving parts at the bottom of the frame. Weekly maintenance consists only of a visual check of the top section of the frame. Grate-level access via the secure hood minimizes operator time, risk, and expense.
3. Odor Control.
The frame of the vertical bar screen is completely enclosed. Adding a washer-compactor with a bagger system, such as Compactec, maintains total odor control. Screentec can be installed in residential areas without risk of odor complaint.
- Applications: Municipal & Industrial
- Flow capacity: up to 60mgd
- Space bar opening: 3/8' to 2' (1 to 60mm)
- Screentec is customized based on specifications and/or structural constraints.
- Below are some guidelines of the design requirements.
- 304 or 316 stainless steel
- Surface treatment: Scouring, Passivation
- T.I.G. welding techniques
Space Requirements - Footprint
- Depth: up to 50' (15m!
- Width: 1.3' to 6.56' (400mm to 2000mm)
- Discharge height: 4' (1200mm)
- Installation angle: 90°
- Absorbed power: 3/4 hp (0.56 KW)
- Voltage: 240 or 480 VAC
- Frequency: 60 Hz