SDS GEOlight - Stormwater Management System
From Stormwater - Storage
SDS GEOlight is an ultra lightweight honeycombed modular structure made from recycled PVC. The ready to install units are preformed to provide an underground stormwater storage facility, for the application of stormwater attenuation or infiltration.
The SDS GEOlight water storage and attenuation / infiltration system provided the foundation on which our company was built when, in 1996, our very first, high profile installations were completed at The Louvre museum and Roland Garros tennis stadium in Paris.
For some years now GEOlight has been widely acknowledged as the market leader in the UK and is used in all sectors of the Private and Public sector construction industry. Working in partnership with the UK’s leading contractors, SDS supplies both bespoke systems and off-the-shelf water storage solutions in a broad range of capacities to all sectors from industrial and transportation to residential and commercial.
SDS’s unique GEOlight geocellular systems have been specifically engineered to form underground water storage reservoirs in stormwater management schemes.
The size of the GEOlight reservoirs are determined by the quantity of water to be stored, whilst the layout of each scheme is designed to suit the individual characteristics and limitations of each site.
Constructed in a modular format, GEOlight systems can be used under a range of surfaces including grass, porous and standard paving, tarmac and concrete.
GEOlight’s highly permeable honeycomb structure provides a void ratio of over 95% to maximise water storage capacity. It has high compressive strength and is available in two strengths as standard: 200 and 400 kN/m2; higher compressive strengths are also available from 600 to 1000 kN/m2.
GEOlight is constructed entirely from post-consumer recycled PVC waste normally destined for landfill; this reduces carbon footprint and helps projects achieve a higher BREEAM rating.
The water storage capability of GEOlight lends itself to a number of other uses:
- Water recycling: water stored in GEOlight systems can be pumped to a network of standpipes for irrigation as required.
- Water pollution control: when used in combination with filtration devices and separators, GEOlight systems can replenish groundwater without the risk of contamination from oil, chemicals, hydrocarbons or suspended solids.
- Embankment protection: GEOlight can be used to quickly form the base of embankments that only weigh a fraction of earth embankments (slope stabilisation).
- High compressive strength.
- High void rate (95%).
- Light weight.
- Highly permeable honeycomb structure.
- Unique lateral and vertical filling arrangement.
- Simplified distribution pipe network.
- Modular format.
- Suitable for installation under all road, car park and amenity area surfaces.
- Minimises the required volume of earthworks, reducing excavation costs.
- Easy to handle; a 1000m3 reservoir can be installed in one week.
- Possesses excellent hydraulic characteristics, offering low resistance to water flow.
- Requires only a minimum amount of pipe work and stone; the depth of tank invert can be reduced by using patented lateral supply.
- Provides easy maintenance, dispensing with costly and complicated pipe work configurations.
- Offers design flexibility to overcome topographical constraints and architectural requirements.