Sea Surveillance - Model VHF - Radio System
A VHF radio system is an important safety tool allowing onshore and offshore operators to perform VHF calls via remote radio using VHF-over-IP technology. From a simple single-radio setup to a complex nation wide system with multiple radio sites and operators, VHF radio system provides the perfect solution. Incorporating VHF base station radios with adjustable transmission power (up to 50W), remote-control via touch screen computers, and IP technologies, a VHF radio system can be configured and customised to suit all requirements. The system may also be further integrated into a wider Maritime Monitoring System.
VHF radio system is ideal solution for the following challenges:
- Cost-effective alternative to conventional voice switches.
- Recording and playback of VHF history, radar, and the AIS traffic picture.
- Remote control of marine VHF radio stations.
- Flexible configuration allowing multiple operators to utilize the same radios from different locations.
- Intuitive touch screen user interface.
- Adjustable individual settings for transceivers, channels, microphone and audio levels.
- Real-time control and monitoring of system status and key parameters.
- Recording of all voice communications on a central recorder. Recording duration is up to 1 year.
1.10 min demo of using a Maritime Monitoring System with integrated iVHF in a remote control center.
Video scenario: System detected a vessel on a collision course and has displayed it on an iSurv surveillance display. The operator of the control center uses the VHF system to warn the vessel.
- Jotron TR77xx radio.
- Server for information processing.
- iVHF Windows application.
- The system uses IP technology and Ed 137 protocol to transfer both voice and control data.
- Works across standard routers and firewalls. The VHF Radio communication system has been tested on different types of networks: slow satellite links, fibre optics and a standard LAN working irrespective the underlying transport.