Seatooth - Model S500 - Underwater Wireless Data Logger
Seatooth® S500 is a subsea wireless communication system, designed to provide high speed short range communication using Ethernet interface between subsea systems. It provides data transmission of 100Mbits/sec. The Seatooth® S500 system has also the capability to wirelessly control and switch on/off devices. Seatooth® S500 transmits data and compressed video reliably in challenging environments where traditional underwater communications methods can suffer poor performance such as in littoral or shallow waters, in congested environments (ports & harbours) or in water with high turbidity levels.
Seatooth® S500 provides a wireless connection between a ROV and a subsea system such as camera, DVL, gyro and sonar. The objective of the system is to:
- Increase flexibility & reliability of subsea connections
- Provide high speed wireless data recovery
- Provide isolated control of any subsea sensor or machine
- Operate reliably in demanding environments
- Seatooth® S500 is ideal for applications requiring high speed data transfer such as data harvesting from subsea sensors on pipelines, assets, control
- systems and during construction.
- Seatooth® S500 can form part of a Seatooth® Connect system and deliver data & power as a wireless connector.
- High speed and multiplexed solutions
- High-speed leak detection connections
- Subsea docked applications