Second Sight - Model MS - Gas Detection Camera
Designed for early warning and real time visualization of dangerous gases, the Second Sight® MS is the perfect solution for critical area surveillance and protection against chemical threats (Chemical Warfare Agents, Toxic Industrial Compounds). The Second Sight® MS detects, identifies and visualizes a cloud of dangerous gas in real time at a distance up to 5km, for a night and day surveillance.
This long range & passive chemical and toxic gas cloud detection camera displays a lightweight, modular and compact design ideally suited for military and civil security operations. Thanks to its infrared sensor, the localization of dangerous gases such as chemical warfare agents (nerve gases or vesicants) or toxic industrial gases is shown as an overlay. The Second Sight technology can identify the family of the gas but also measure its path length concentration.
Bertin Instruments developed the gas X feature, in order for the Second Sight MS to detect gases that are not in its database, the ideal solution when gases are mixed, impure or unknown. This tried and tested system displays a night and day infrared imaging capability and the largest Field of View (FOV) of any stand-off detector on the market, which makes it a clear favorite for law enforcement agencies, military forces, and emergency responders worldwide.
- CWA, TIC & VOC clouds visualization
- The widest monitored field of view
- Detection up to 5 km
- Early warning by real-time detection in 2 sec
- Catalogue number: 003075-003
- Technology: Infrared spectral imaging
- Detected gas: Gas X (Detect all gas clouds that absorb in band III infrared), Most CWA and TIC
- Detection range and Field of View:
- Detection up to 1000m with 60×48° FOV
- Detection up to 2000m with 30×24° FOV
- Detection up to 5000m with 12×9° FOV
- Time to alarm: in approx. 10 seconds
- Scan mode vertical angle: 180° x 15° in less than 3 minutes
- Temperature: – 20°C to 45°C (operation) / – 20°C to 70°C (storage)
- Dimensions & Weight: Head camera: 35 x 19 x 24 cm 5.2 kg / Processing unit: 26 x 19 x 15 cm 5 kg
- Ingress protection: IP65
- Ruggedized: Mil Std 810-G