SEIBOLD - Online Arsenic Analyser
Arsenic is found in the atmosphere, in water, soils, sediments and organisms due to releasing by various industrial processes, mining or smelting and agricultural activities as well as a byproduct of coal combustion. Natural sources. Arsenic is found in more than 245 minerals.
Anthropogenic sources. Main sources of arsenic are copper and lead ores. Industry. Arsenic is used as an additive in special alloys, in microelectronics and semiconductor industry, as a decolorizing agent in the glass and ceramics industries.
Arsenic in water. Arsenic is found in groundwaters as a result of the strong influence of water-rock interactions. Usual groundwater concentrations range from 0.5 to 10 μg/L.
Drinking water. The current WHO provisional level of As in drinking water for the European Union is 10 μg/L, and the current level in the United States is 50 μg/L.
Metal is measured as chelate complex between metal ions in the waste water and sensitive spectrophotometric reagent dye. Change of the intensity of the visible light throughout cuvette containing formed metal complex is directly proportional to metal concentration.
- Robust design.
- Minimal maintenance.
- Easy handling.
- High accuracy and precision.
- Suitable for mission critical applications.
- Automated cleaning and calibration.
- Spectrophotometric (LED, detector)
- Continuous; Discontinuous (programmable, external start)
Sample and Reagents consumption per measurement
- Sample: ~ 75 - 200 ml
- Seibold Buffer and Reagent: ~ 3 ml
- Ambient operating temperature, sample temperature: 5 to 40°C
- Ambient operating humidity: Up to 95 % RH non-condensing (bellow the condensation limit)
- Supply voltage: 220 … 230 V AC, 50…60 Hz (110 V AC or 24 V DC, optional)
- Power consumption: approx 50 VA
- Output signal: 4…20 mA
- Color, TFT, liquid crystal display (LCD) with built-in backlight and brightness adjustment.
- Maintenance interval: 3 months